2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat 10 sec. 1/4

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mehhh! I'd still rather push a busted down old Chevy......couldn't give me one.....just sayin'.

I'm a die hard chevy fan myself (or, I was when cars were cars..)

But if you GAVE me that New Dodge, well, I'd keep it.

Hey, "if it's free- It's for me".

MSRP is $60K but you know the dealers will gouge you for an extra $10K!

Trust me, I've already been lookin and talkin at the dealer and on line.
Pricing that I was quoted is in the $70,000 range.

Been thinkin of selling everything I own except the house to buy one of these Wildcats. You only Live Once............

for that kinda money your better off just saving a few more thousand and just get a viper. can't believe they put an auto in the hellcat........ worthless. atleast the viper comes with a n/a 600 horse v-10, that can easily be worked to put out over 1,000 horse........ last i knew the viper was the only production car to do a controlled burnout at 100 mph. and that comes with a 6 speed manual gearbox, not no sunday driving auto. wonder if it has the option for a man?? i've owned one gm product, a 95 cavelier had it a month and the headgasket went, traded it for a peon, and traded that for a dakota. that was an awesome truck 120,000 miles and i only did a waterpump, and a clutch. that was an 03 5 speed manual, 4x4 club cab. had the 3.9 v-6, lacked power, only thing i didn't like about it. just traded that for an 05 ram 2500 hd. with a hemi 350 horse with a 5 speed man. got a good deal on it, only has 46,000 miles on it, for $16,000. i had a 87 dakota, 85 ramcharger, 86 ram 250, and a 68 plymouth fury, 2000 peon, 03 dakota, and now my 05 ram 2500.

The problem with the Challenger is the 4200 lb curb weight. The Camaro is quite bad already at ~3800 lb, but ~4200 is just silly for a car that's only big on the outside.

For that kind of money you could build your own car that would be faster than both the hellcat and the viper. I'm looking at ordering a factory five 33 roadster for my retirement. Want to put a coyote motor in it. At a curb weight of just under 2500, it should be very quick depending on any power adders I can get.

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant

For that kind of money you could build your own car that would be faster than both the hellcat and the viper. I'm looking at ordering a factory five 33 roadster for my retirement. Want to put a coyote motor in it. At a curb weight of just under 2500, it should be very quick depending on any power adders I can get.

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant

viper has a curb weight of around 3300...... combined with a 640 horse n/a v-10 putting out 600 ft. lbs. of torque..... the most of any n/a engine in the world...... and like i said, could easily be worked to put out over 1,000 horse. plus the very distinct sound of the v-10 roaring to life, is like a vmax v-4 roaring to life. i would much rather have the srt-10 pickup though, but i wouldn't turn down a viper either......... but on a better note, i could stuff a v-10 in my 05 ram 2500. and have a 4x4 version of the srt-10 truck, lol.

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant

just wanted to say thanks for service 1st srgt.:clapping:
i put in 8 years in the reserves for uncle sam.... i don't regret it.

Back