2nd Gen VMAX 2017 VMAX, 2" Risers, 1" Cobin Peg drop brackets, Exhaust, Corbin Seats

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 80459

Reaction score
VMax Year
The peg drops were easy to install, but the 2" risers were difficult. For the risers, I Had to splice and extend wiring on both sides and also reroute the throttle cables as well as the right side brake line; I don't see how it could be done otherwise. If your cables and wiring runs are as tight as mine were, the riser install isn't straight forward, it requires the wiring modifications and cable rerouting. I also had to cut and grind some tools to get to the hex bolts on top of the riser cams. Retightening the 4 bolts over the ROK Cams has to be done "rear bolts first" with the Risers rotated all the way forward, then tap the ROK on its cam into position and torque the upper bolts (that procedure is arguably a can of worms too -but can be done). For me it was worth the effort because I'm so used to that kind of riding position. I trust the install totally -but it definitely wasn't easy.

Attachments

• VMAX.png
    VMAX.png
    622.2 KB · Views: 0
  • VMAX2.png
    VMAX2.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
Back