300 Tire Build

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

one2dmax

Staff member
Reaction score
Not much in the way of pics but here's a teaser. We still have to tear the bike down and coat. chrome, and paint everything but gives you the idea.

The dual nitrous bottle/struts will eventually be functional provided the gear box holds up to normal power levels.

Sean

Attachments

• downsized_1006001712.jpg
    downsized_1006001712.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 147
It's a Mad Max arm (customer already had it - i would not have bought one if it were me). We had to do all kinds of work for a "bolt on" system. When we get the bike cleaned up we'll try to get more pics. We modified a set of cobra's to use only 1 pipe per side and tied the 2nd pipe to the first ones. Had to angle them out to clear the big backside. The 2 nitrous bottles were used to make it a hard tail (so we wouldn't have to hack the shit out of the gas tank). Plus they look cool there. had to make a few various billet parts welded onto them to make them as the mounts.

Fitted 6 piston calipers on the stock smaller rotors (first and likely only set we will make though easy to do again if we have too). New lines, cleaned up the carbs, and some other misc. Bike still has original owner (it's an 88). Been sitting for 3 years.

Sean

That looks really mean. Looking forward to the additional pics.

Seen this setup before when I was researching fat tyre setups,it surely must be a killer for transmission losses?

Yes, I am sure the power losses are much greater. The bike rode ok but you could "feel" it when you first started going. Wasn't what I liked but that's they way this kit was built. We are going to build me a different kind of big tire kit later this winter if it all goes as planned.

Sean

Cool,I'll keep my eyes peeled. Always good to see new ways of getting the job done!

Back