96 stock exhaust on 04

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Montana vmax

Reaction score
Hello All, I have an 04 with the cobra pipes on it. Came that way, but I read on here that they actually drop power. I picked up a stock one for 20 bucks. Would it be worth my time to switch it back? Does a 96 exhaust fit an 04? Any thoughts/advice appreciated. Thanks

If you've been riding that w/a Cobra, switching back, you'd better take it easy at first, you just got yourself a lotta ponies! Yes, do it. But be careful about VBoost at first until you become accustomed to it.

Yes, the 96 muffler assembly will bolt on.

I would loosen the head pipes and put your new muffler on a little jack or use some kind of ratchet straps to pick it up while you work the pipes into it.
Its heavy and awkward to try and get everything into place.

Double check that you have all the hardware you need before getting started. There is a damper and bolt assembly that goes up thru the collector box. See attachment. Items 36 thru 42. If you don't have those parts you may be able to rig something else together.

Attachments

• Exhaust.pdf
    127.1 KB · Views: 5
Very nice, I have to take it in for the starter clutch issue as I don't have the space or the tools for that one. But I will use the time to gather the required pieces for this. Thanks for all the help.

Back