Accomodations for Bike Week 09 in Daytona

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

82ndCowboy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK fellow Riders...
I spent all day in Daytona. Which was no picnic because it is Race Week and the Bud Shoot Out is tonight.
But I persevered and here is what I could come up with.

Rooms are not going to be cheap this year in Daytona.
You are looking at 150 to 250 per night for the cheaper chain hotels, such as Best Western, Holiday Inns and Comfort Inns. Even the Super 8 was $199/night for March 4th and 5th, and $219/night for the 6th and 7th.

The best rate I could find was at the Jameson Inn on hwy 40 and I-95. It's a very decent place, I would stay at. They want $129.00 average rate for 4 nights. That is an average night rate based on staying March 4th through the 8th. I have the Sales Manager's # and if there are going to be a few people needing rooms I can give her a call and see about getting a discount for multiple rooms.
So give me a heads up if you want to stay here and I will see what I can do for a discount.

So Remember.. If your coming down for just the weekend the room rate is higher on Friday and Saturday, than it is for Wednesday and Thursday.

There are three main options for lodging at Daytona.

1. Use Priceline.com to find and lock in the best rate you can get at the chain motels. Remember the longer you wait the less rooms they will have available and therefore the price goes up.
Any where in Daytona Bch and Ormond Bch. Will keep you in close proximity to everything.

2. You can come down and go room hunting down the Beachside strip (Atlantic AVE or US1). There are more hotels and motels per square mile than anywhere in Florida. As of Now for Race Week you can get 3 night specials for any where from $30/night to $150/night. But Remember, How clean your sheets really are will greatly depend on how much you spend at these mom & pop, foreign owned and run strip hotels.
I will not stay at places like this, I'm too picky on what I sleep in.
Also keep in mind that Beachside hotels, although PLENTIFUL, have minimal parking, so if your bringing a trailer be prepared to hunt for a place that you can get in and out of.

3. Camping...
There are several Campgrounds around Daytona.
The KOA's are $50/night for Tent camping with no hookups.
There are several no amenities camping sites, which are nothing more than big fields that you are allowed to camp in for about $25/night. Place like the Cabage Patch Camping area, Swap Meet Camping, Daytona 200 Club Camping. The nice thing about these places, is that they are close to the Speedway.
The Best options in my opinion for Camping. Is either the ABATE Campsite for $15+tax/per person/night or $90+tax/week.
However this is just open camping at the fairgrounds. And it is about a 30-45 minute ride South/West of Daytona.
OR:
I myself prefer the
Holiday TRavel Park Which is $18+tax/person/night.
Of all the places I visited today, this is by far the best option in my opinion. So this is where I will be staying for Bike Week. It is about a 30 minute ride North of Daytona.
If anyone has more questions or needs help finding a place, please shoot me an email of give me a call, I'll do what I can to help.

Hope to see you all soon!

:punk:

I scored the Hilton Ocean Walk Village which is about one block from Main Street on the ocean front for the Thurs-Sat nights of BikeWeek. :eusa_dance:

I won't have a bike with me as I will be down there for 'work', but am wanting to party with some V-Max folk when I am there. The wife will be with me, but am willing to host some sort of after or during party at the hotel, tits and recreational....a plus.

I scored the Hilton Ocean Walk Village which is about one block from Main Street on the ocean front for the Thurs-Sat nights of BikeWeek. :eusa_dance:

I won't have a bike with me as I will be down there for 'work', but am wanting to party with some V-Max folk when I am there. The wife will be with me, but am willing to host some sort of after or during party at the hotel, tits and recreational....a plus.

Well, I guess you won't be joining my Friday Ride then.
:bang head:
LOL! Just Kiddin...

Look forward to seeing you at the Thursday night Dinner and the BBQ on Saturday then.

Although, I'm not sure the Hilton can compare to Froggy's Beer Garden or The Iron Horse Saloon for tits and recreation though. LOL!
But we will greatly appreciate your hospitality!
:punk:

Walt and I are finishing up the details today and will post times and directions in the next couple of days.
We are having the Early Bird Wednesday Night MAR 4th, The Dinner on Thursday Night MAR 5th, Ride on Friday MAR 6th, BBQ on Saturday MAR 7th.

Back