Almost widowed the family the other day...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definitely need to upgrade the riding gear and wear better gear.

Also, in my years of riding, I never encountered the situation I did. The fact that some of you have experienced it already, some more than once, means that I will be looking out for this situation again. Now it's catalogued and I will be ready for it if I see it happening again. Basically the left-turn blind spot t-bone. Before I was cautious around intersections but now it's going to have to be driveways and turn outs also... (among others)

I have seen many a "young girl on cell-phone" running stop signs, erraticly shifting lanes, speeding, tailgating, etc. I've seen others doing it as well but I have seen an abundance of the type that Fire-medic describes. Also don't forget the running of the stoplights.

I wonder if we could list a thread where people summarize accidents or near-misses into one line sentences so we could all have a refresher...

Such as:
1. near miss from cager running red light - watch out for that
2. cager makes a blind left hand turn from a parking lot, pulls out in front - near miss - watch out
3. young gal on cell phone erraticly changing lanes, watch out
4. getting rear-ended from people driving too closely and traffic quickly stops
5. etc.

Maybe it would grow into a dictionary. Maybe not effective. But I will be watching for posts like that...

Hey, if it makes someone pay attention from reading about what happens to us on a daily basis, it is worthwhile. Maybe someone will save themselves a world of hurt.

Glad you are ok. This am on my way to watercountry in NH there was a lot of traffic. When I got about 10 min from my house there was a motorcycle accident and the driver was not as lucky . He lost his life. My wife and kids were in the car with a couple of their friends. It was very silent in car as we passed the wrecked bike and helmet in the middle of highway. I wear shorts and t-shirt everyday. I am definately going to by some gear now. It's scary and it hurts me to see this happen to a fellow rider..
Be safe everyone......

I definitely need to upgrade the riding gear and wear better gear.

Also, in my years of riding, I never encountered the situation I did. The fact that some of you have experienced it already, some more than once, means that I will be looking out for this situation again. Now it's catalogued and I will be ready for it if I see it happening again. Basically the left-turn blind spot t-bone. Before I was cautious around intersections but now it's going to have to be driveways and turn outs also... (among others)

I have seen many a "young girl on cell-phone" running stop signs, erraticly shifting lanes, speeding, tailgating, etc. I've seen others doing it as well but I have seen an abundance of the type that Fire-medic describes. Also don't forget the running of the stoplights.

I wonder if we could list a thread where people summarize accidents or near-misses into one line sentences so we could all have a refresher...

Such as:
1. near miss from cager running red light - watch out for that
2. cager makes a blind left hand turn from a parking lot, pulls out in front - near miss - watch out
3. young gal on cell phone erraticly changing lanes, watch out
4. getting rear-ended from people driving too closely and traffic quickly stops
5. etc.

Maybe it would grow into a dictionary. Maybe not effective. But I will be watching for posts like that...

This will be a never ending list . If it helps anyone avoid a crash , let's do it. Could turn into a sticky.
:punk:

here's one that happens to me too often...the clowns that are turning left into heavy traffic so they turn into the left turn lane to gain speed and then try to merge into traffic. Always freaks me out as I don't know if they are going into the turn lane or my lane...

Glad your bag of skills had enough luck left in it to survive this close call. (I Love that Quote)We all have them and hope they end like yours or better. I have always riden in the country to avoid most of the cagers, city riding scares me to death!!!!! I lived in Houston for 25 years. Now i live in Bismarck Arkansas and have some of the best riding in the country right here. Note to all ARKANSAS DRIVERS THINK THE YELLOW LINE IS TO BE CROSSED AT WILL ESPECIALLY CORNERS!! Remember we are all invisible out there.

Back