Alternative U-Joint?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rand-5107

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully matched up any other u-joint for the vmax? I'd like to change mine while it's apart, but I'd rather just buy a u-joint. Not to have to buy a yoke and pay for the caps, bearings, and retainers separately. Dealership was $160.

Normally they never need replaced. Only broken a couple of them and both were on bikes with slicks and very hard launches. I've got spare used ones if yours is bad.

Sean

Thanks for the offer but it wasn't real bad. One of the trunnions Had three light roller marks. I had number matched the yokes, caps, and cross, so I cleaned and regreased them. All turned nice and smooth. Rand

I wish gravy would have followed up and said that yes this is the right part and it fit perfectly. The driveline shops I went to here didn't list that 20x37 IC u-joint. Now that I know it exists, I will continue looking here. Thanks for your response. Rand.

I have e-mailed LG and asked if he has fitted it yet. I think his bike is off the road at the moment so he may not have tried it out.

Will feed back when I get a reply.

LG's reply:

Hi steve.. No I aint put the bearings in etc yet...though all looks to be exact same size other than the new UJ has the bleed nipple which my old one didnt, the guy at IMS told me the same company supplies yamaha so should be good, I have tried a couple of times to remove the old bearing clips but aint had any luck other than spearing my hand with a screw driver lol, will take it to local engineers for them to do.

If the new joint has the grease zirk then it's going to be a weaker ujoint (less material in that area).

Latest posts

Back