Am I the first....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dlm456

Reaction score
To break one of the stainless bolts in the supertrapp slip ons? I was doing some testing with discs and open end caps and such. Well I broke one (ok, I'll admit it, two) of the bolts that go in the super trap end caps. Any suggestions on getting the broken part out? It doesn't seem to have any effect on the way the bike runs or sounds. Can you buy these bolts by themselves? I probably shouldn't have taken them out with my cordless drill. Ok fire away and tell me what an idiot I am.

not the first time and shouldn't be a big deal to leave them out. Not sure other then drilling them out. They do sell bolt kits (I can't remember the pricing I have for them but they are pretty pricey suckers!)

If just the head broke off you may be fine. Pull all the other bolts and discs which will expose the remaining broken stud. Be sure to use your PBBlaster or other loosening agent. Alittle heat won't hurt either. You can a grip on that sucker and extract it. Don't forget anti sieze compound for the new bolts.

Back