Any wood workers ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have googled some on this old shopsmith scroll saw but cant find one this old. I am trying to figure out what this thing is worth. The motor is not attached for some reason don't know if it is bad or off for another reason.

I have not had a chance to dig it out of the corner yet. We also have this old Belt /disc sander its quite nice made it does not say craftsman on it it still says Sears & Robuck not sure what to ask for it either.

I looked on Craigslist but all the stuff is newer & cheaper made. Sorry the pictures are not better. I am going to try & dig them out this weekend for better pics & see if I can look at the scroll saw & see why the motor is lose.

Attachments

• shopsmith scroll saw.jpg
    shopsmith scroll saw.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 34
  • sears & robuck sander.jpg
    sears & robuck sander.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 34
  • sears bely sander.jpg
    sears bely sander.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 33
Some of those older Sears Roebuck tools are worth a few $s Kyle. The scroll saw I'd put at around $100 - 150, the sander would be in the $50 - 75 range. Shipping costs might be prohibitive though. Weigh the items and check the dimensions for USPS and UPS shipping costs and if it's not to bad then maybe ebay them. Other than that I'd stick them on Craigslist for collection only and no trades.

Chris.

Some of those older Sears Roebuck tools are worth a few $s Kyle. The scroll saw I'd put at around $100 - 150, the sander would be in the $50 - 75 range. Shipping costs might be prohibitive though. Weigh the items and check the dimensions for USPS and UPS shipping costs and if it's not to bad then maybe ebay them. Other than that I'd stick them on Craigslist for collection only and no trades.

Chris.

Thanks I googled the belt sander & it is from the 1950 's and made by I believe sealy Kerry if I remember right. I am going to go out later & see if I can move some stuff & find a model number on the shop smith. I aint shipping any of this stuff just trying to figure what it is worth. We will probably let some of it go a little cheaper just because we have so much stuff.

Kyle, i worked in a lapidary shop polishing oil field cores in west texas for 20 years.
A few questions- Are either one of them 220v? Does the table "roll" next to the 12" vertical disc in front of the belt sander or does the guide just move?
Also does it look like sandpaper can be attached to the disc?
Usually these items are only worth their weight but in the right hands i would value that scroll saw above $500.00 and some can go as high as $3000.00. It is industrial and worth more than the portables.
You can get a 20" dewalt portable scroll saw for $500 today so i would say you can get more than that from someone in need.
Sander $150.00 and up.
Check ingersall rand and rockwell.

Last edited:
Kyle, i worked in a lapidary shop polishing oil field cores in west texas for 20 years.
A few questions- Are either one of them 220v? Does the table "roll" next to the 12" vertical disc in front of the belt sander or does the guide just move?
Also does it look like sandpaper can be attached to the disc?
Usually these items are only worth their weight but in the right hands i would value that scroll saw above $500.00 and some can go as high as $3000.00. It is industrial and worth more than the portables.
You can get a 20" dewalt portable scroll saw for $500 today so i would say you can get more than that from someone in need.
Sander $150.00 and up.
Check ingersall rand and rockwell.

There both 110 volt. I will have to get the sander out today or tomorrow. It does look like you can attach paper on the side to the disc. I will look and see how it moves later.

Back