Arcing from plastic!?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Electicity does not go through rubber OR plastic.

It goes through HOLES in rubber and plastic. The holes may be smaller than the naked eye can see, but I bet there is a hole in the rubber somewhere.

Hook up a test light, Turn out the lights, and with the motor running, run your test light around the area where you feel the shock from. You should be able to see it arc that way .

Electicity does not go through rubber OR plastic.
my understanding too, which is why it puzzles me
It goes through HOLES in rubber and plastic. The holes may be smaller than the naked eye can see, but I bet there is a hole in the rubber somewhere.
makes sense, I'll have to look at that.
Hook up a test light, Turn out the lights, and with the motor running, run your test light around the area where you feel the shock from. You should be able to see it arc that way .
how do you mean a test light?

I will try swapping the COPs around to see if it follows. Funny I used to have arcing on the same (#1) cylinder with the old coils and leads. :ummm:

A test light looks like an Ice Pick with a clear handle, with a light bulb in it. It has one wire coming out of it with a clip on it, that hooks to any GROUND. When pointed end contacts POSITIVE power, the bulb lights up.
They can be found at any parts house, fairly cheap.

In your case, though, You could just hook a wire up to GROUND and run the other end (stripped ) around the boot to see the arc.

Be sure to insulate YOURSELF from the wire, as the shock from a coil pak will make you hurt yourself and say bad words!

Back