Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys,
Just thought I would introduce myself. Just picked up my first Vmax last week (just in time to put it in the garage and stare at it for 6 months) and have been lurking here reading for ever since.
Name's Dan and I live to golf,ride,drive and tinker with anything motivated by internal combustion, but I make a living doing structural and mechanical engineering.
I know I will get alot of good info here and hope to make some new friends in the process.

Hi guys,
Just thought I would introduce myself. Just picked up my first Vmax last week (just in time to put it in the garage and stare at it for 6 months) and have been lurking here reading for ever since.
Name's Dan and I live to golf,ride,drive and tinker with anything motivated by internal combustion, but I make a living doing structural and mechanical engineering.
I know I will get alot of good info here and hope to make some new friends in the process.

Welcome Dan...

I see you also own one of the best looking ugly cars ever made! :whistlin::thumbs up::coolgleamA: Is it a Studebaker or one of the copies?:ummm: One of my buddies has a 427 Shelby Cobra Replica and it's a blast to drive. I've even SCCA raced it...

Hi Y'all!

Another new VMax owner...Just bought it this week, and brought it home. A double-O model, w/3600 original miles, in totally 'as new' condition.

I'm a 'FOG' (F'n Ol' Guy), started riding way back in the 50's...Harley man for almost all of my life...then sold my last ol' shovelhead chopper about 10 years ago, and sorta quit... Found out I miss riding too much, and started thinkin' about maybe gettin' back up on a 1200 Sporty.

Then I 'discovered the max, and after doing a lot of research, and lurking in here for awile, I decided that I just had to have one. WAY more bike, for WAY less $. I've only put a few 'get to know her miles on it, but I LOVE this lil' darlin'!

This'll likely be my last one, so I intend to take good care of it, and enjoy it as often as possible... Living here in south FL, I get many good riding days, almost year 'round.

Anyway...hope I don't PO anybody, asking all the stupid questions that I'll likely be posting as I get to know my Precious better... Thanks for letting me hang out!

Phil aka Uncle Philthy

Anyway...hope I don't PO anybody, asking all the stupid questions that I'll likely be posting as I get to know my Precious better... Thanks for letting me hang out!

Phil aka Uncle Philthy

Our pleasure! No one should get PO'd at you for asking questions. Keep in mind though that a lot of questions have been asked so do a search. You may find that you ask a ?? and one of us Mods merges it with a current thread. :thumbs up:

No ?? is a dumb one!

Welcome and N-Joy the Vmax experience! :cheers:

Chris

Hello all,

i'm not sure if i am the first one here from Croatia/Europe but i can tell you that the Vmax spirit is alive also in this part of the world.

I own a '96 2en for two years now after looking in my brothers garage for years, he owns a '99 2we.

In that sense you could call us a real Vmax family :)

I have seen that there is also a girl here riding a max, well, our Croatian VMOA president (yes we have one :)) is also a girl and i can tell you guys that she is riding the max harder than most of us here...

Hope to have a lot of Vmax discussions here.

Greeting from Europe,

Ranko

Hello all,

i'm not sure if i am the first one here from Croatia/Europe but i can tell you that the Vmax spirit is alive also in this part of the world.

I own a '96 2en for two years now after looking in my brothers garage for years, he owns a '99 2we.

I have seen that there is also a girl here riding a max, well, our Croatian VMOA president (yes we have one :)) is also a girl and i can tell you guys that she is riding the max harder than most of us here...

Greeting from Europe,

Ranko

Welcome to the family! This is a great site full of great guys. We have yet to have a woman speak up that I know of. I know they registered but haven't seen them since.
What's her name? :hmmm: I have a myspace friend from there that has a max...:hmmm:

Oh and what's a 2ew and 2we? :ummm:

a 2en is a european version without the boost

I (of course) upgraded mine with the boost later

Hello all,

Greeting from Europe,

Ranko

Dobra Dan, Ranko!

Where do you live in Croatia? I live in Germany, and have been to Croatia many many times. Mostly to Umag where my friend Zoran used to live. Do you know the Staaari Rokeri? He was the founder of that MK. Sadly he died of cancer about 3 years ago. He was a great Friend, a V-Maxxer, and VMOA member.

I hope that I can make it to Croatia this year. I am thinking about the Pula bike week. We are planning for this summer in any case. Perhaps we can get together. There are also several meetings here in Germany, France, Belgium and Holland that I am going to attend. Do you travel/tour with your Max much?

Great to hear from you!

:punk:Rock on, Brother!

Dobra Dan, Ranko!

Where do you live in Croatia? I live in Germany, and have been to Croatia many many times. Mostly to Umag where my friend Zoran used to live. Do you know the Staaari Rokeri? He was the founder of that MK. Sadly he died of cancer about 3 years ago. He was a great Friend, a V-Maxxer, and VMOA member.

I hope that I can make it to Croatia this year. I am thinking about the Pula bike week. We are planning for this summer in any case. Perhaps we can get together. There are also several meetings here in Germany, France, Belgium and Holland that I am going to attend. Do you travel/tour with your Max much?

Great to hear from you!

:punk:Rock on, Brother!

Hallo Lee,
wie gehts wie stehts :)

It's really nice to see that people know each other.

Zoran Grbesa was really a great Vmax enthusiast who loved the Max and his death was truly a great loss for the biker community here.

Umag is a standard destination for me when the Staari Rokeri are organizing their biker weekends. I live approximately 500km from Umag in Osijek.

This year we even had our 1. Croatian VMOA meeting in Umag

Unfortunately i don't have enough time resources to travel a lot but i'm doing my best to catch up on local meetings.

I would be happy to meet you if possible when you come to Croatia. Feel free to mail me on [email protected].

Keep boosting,
Ranko

Last edited:
Servus! Although I live here in Germany and do speak German, I am an American.

Osijek! Wow I have never been that far inland. Furthest was Zagreb. As far as I have seen, the whole country is beautiful and I am sure that I would enjoy it there too.

If you have any information on dates of upcoming meetings in Croatia (Staari Rokeri, Pula, etc.) please pass them on.

You can also contact me per e-mail at [email protected]

Looking forward to when we can finally meet.

Later!

Servus! Although I live here in Germany and do speak German, I am an American.

Osijek! Wow I have never been that far inland. Furthest was Zagreb. As far as I have seen, the whole country is beautiful and I am sure that I would enjoy it there too.

If you have any information on dates of upcoming meetings in Croatia (Staari Rokeri, Pula, etc.) please pass them on.

You can also contact me per e-mail at [email protected]

Looking forward to when we can finally meet.

Later!

We also have a ride out and meeting forum here so post 'em up! You never know who's looking but not posting...

Hi Everyone
New member here.
Got 2 max's, a 91 canadian import (no boost) and a 98 american import, I'm in the UK.
I ride my max's hard and go to the Isle of man each year, no speed limits and very very fast roads, got 145 out of it this year on the mountain section with my lady on the back, all I could hear in my intercom was her laughing, left alot of sports bikes behind me and took more even on the bends. You don't have to worry about the boost coming in on the bends if you keep it in the boost all the time ha ha.
I do Ramsey sprint each year (8th of a mile drag) and again leave quicker (on paper) bikes behind me.
Look foreward to reading your posts and hope you don't mind a limey joining your site.

Hi Everyone
New member here.
Got 2 max's, a 91 canadian import (no boost) and a 98 american import, I'm in the UK.
I ride my max's hard and go to the Isle of man each year, no speed limits and very very fast roads, got 145 out of it this year on the mountain section with my lady on the back, all I could hear in my intercom was her laughing, left alot of sports bikes behind me and took more even on the bends. You don't have to worry about the boost coming in on the bends if you keep it in the boost all the time ha ha.
I do Ramsey sprint each year (8th of a mile drag) and again leave quicker (on paper) bikes behind me.
Look foreward to reading your posts and hope you don't mind a limey joining your site.

The more the merrier.. Hope you don't mind sharing posts with a bunch of Yanks...:biglaugh:

Welcome to the best Vmax forum on Earth!

Life is GOOD (pics may NBSFW)

Just a hello from a new member here. Thought I'd post a few pics of KC(wife) and a few friends and toys to share. Let me know what you think.
Aleck
KC on her bike
http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m85/stinkybuttihave/?action=view&current=100_1648.jpg
KC and "friends" on the atv for my birthday
http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m85/stinkybuttihave/?action=view&current=Alecks50th221.jpg
KC racing her go to work car
http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m85/stinkybuttihave/?action=view&current=Wheelsup2.jpg
KC and her bike
http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m85/stinkybuttihave/?action=view&current=100_1662.jpg
Fav of mine
http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m85/stinkybuttihave/?action=view&current=KCpinkclevage.jpg

Enjoy, Merry Christmas.

Re: Life is GOOD

I think..........:hmmm:...........not sure where to go with this so I will just say, Merry Xmas and welcome to the forum.

I am assuming that your wife knows ,but do her friends know that their faces (among other things) are now available to the whole world?

Sometimes I just :ummm:

Re: Life is GOOD

I think you are a lucky man... So on your birthday... Did you get to have fun with all the woman or just look at them? :whistlin:

Life is good... Oh and there are better pics as you go along... lol

Do you have a max? Edit: I saw it... 2002???

Re: Yes, 2004

Yuppers, a 2004 beauty.
http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m85/stinkybuttihave/?action=view&current=Picture322.jpg
Oh and yes KC and her friends know about these pics on the internet. The only faces showing are KC's. ANDDDDDD we all got in the hot tub after the photo's were taken.
http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m85/stinkybuttihave/?action=view&current=Alecks50th338.jpg

Aleck

I beg to differ...:whistlin:
http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m85/stinkybuttihave/?action=view&current=Alecks50th215.jpg

Not that I'll ever meet them but...

Back