Arizona Memorial Day ride

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kozy

Reaction score
Since we don't really have anyone in the Phoenix area to organize rides, I figured I would take it upon myself to gauge interest in a ride on Memorial Day. Let me know if you'd like to meet up for a ride on Monday. Haven't figured out a route/destination yet, but it shouldn't be hard to do if the interest is there.

I would love to, but I am out for a while due to medical reasons. Is there an AZ vmax club? Would be fun to meet up on occassion, say at the pavillions or something like that.

Richard

Awesome, good to know there's some interest. I'll work on planning the ride and stuff. If anyone knows other Vmaxers (on the site or not) tell them and bring 'em along!
I'll post details on here when I get it all squared away.

Speedfreke, there isn't an AZ Vmax Club to my knowledge. The closest is in the SoCal area. We're considered in the same "region" as them, even though they're 5 hours or more away. I wouldn't mind a Pavilions night...show all the ricerockets what a real bike looks like!

Last year about this time I was living in the Prescott area and me and a buddy rode up the 89a through Jerome, Clarkdale, Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon, it was a blast, we hooked back onto the 17 and headed back down to the valley. Lots of switch backs up to Jerome, kinda hairy at times, but Jerome is a awesome little town carved into the side of the mountain. Just throwing out an idea, might be too long for some though

richard

Yep, Speedfreke, I've done that ride many times. As they say, it is "THE BALLS!" Good and challenging, and fun as hell. That's a great idea...but the fuel situation is a little scary, eh?

Elimax

Yep, Speedfreke, I've done that ride many times. As they say, it is "THE BALLS!" Good and challenging, and fun as hell. That's a great idea...but the fuel situation is a little scary, eh?

Elimax

+1 on the fuel. But, with a little forethought, we should be fine. However, I'd be up for the ride. Also, a spin up to Payson wouldn't be bad, either...

Either way, sounds like Kozy is on it.

Standing by . . .

So, whaddaya say, Kozy?

Wanna start firming this up? I'd be glad to help. Monday will be FULL of traffic - expecially later in the afternoon headed back into the city. Coming down I-17 could be a nightmare. Probably the same with the beeline. All it takes is one accident.

Would Sunday be better? I'm down either way, but have been in that holiday traffic before. The Max does not handle the stop-n-go in 90+ temperatures very well.

Just a thought. But, let's start getting some definite plans laid down. Like a day, a destination and a rendevous point...

The day is going to be Monday. We dont have to worry as much about traffic because we're not going to spend much time on major highways. I mocked up a route yesterday at work, and plan to find gas stops and food stops along the way today. Also plan to find a starting point for everyone to meet. I'll post more when I have more. I'm thinking we're going to probably be meeting up around 11ish on Monday.

Ok guys, I think I've got it all hammered out so far.

Should we start the ride at 10 or 11am?

Let's all meet at the following place...........

Apache Motorcycles
7340 E. McDowell Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85257
TIME: 10AM (unless someone can't make it at 10, just let me know)

Ride is going to go through Fountain Hills, up around McDowell Mountain Park, around towards Bartlett Reservoir, then back through Carefree and Cave Creek, then head home.

My number is (219) 241-3139. If anyone has questions, reach out to me via call/text about it.

:confused2: Hey Eric, sounds like a great route. Barbara and I won't be able to make it. I just picked up a big job at Medtronic's in Tempe and will be working overtime the next few weekends plus Memorial Day. Take some pictures and post them. You guys be safe and I'll catch you on the next one, Spur

:confused2: Hey Eric, sounds like a great route. Barbara and I won't be able to make it. I just picked up a big job at Medtronic's in Tempe and will be working overtime the next few weekends plus Memorial Day. Take some pictures and post them. You guys be safe and I'll catch you on the next one, Spur

You two will definitely be missed. Hopefully we can get another ride organized that you will be able to go on. But on the plus side, being busy and having lots of work to do is better than what some others are experiencing!

:punk: Eric, I,m not complaining. I can always use the bucks for Vmax parts you know. As one of the self employed, I am very lucky to have work and keep busy in this economy. Hey Desert Max, I'm not really a competitor. I am a contractor that keeps their Clean room and the tools inside operating. I do all their stainless steel toxic gas piping and DI water piping. I'll catch you next time, Spur

Back