Best bang for my buck...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO the HID headlights are over-rated and more trouble than they're worth. Plus, there's tons of cheap chinese made versions that are notoriously unreliable- you won't find a quality kit for any less than several hundred.

You can get H4 bulbs that are brighter than stock by quite a bit. SilverStar bulbs are available in H4, as are the "cool blue" if you like that look.

Also, you can get 55/100watt H4 bulbs(for off-road use only, of course). The low beam is stock brightness, but the high beam is much, much brighter than stock(which is 55/60watt). They run $15 here

Agreed. I like the look of HID's, but in all honesty the days are fairly long here in the summer, and I dont ride at night all that often...there are other mods that take priority :)

I am taking my seat off this week and shipping it to Sean...Cant wait to try the new seat & bars out :eusa_dance:

If your looking to upgrade the headlight, try the silverstar or the 55/100 bulb and add a relay kit to get proper voltage to the bulb. I have the eastern beaver relay and silverstar and the light is impressive. If you order the eastern beaver relay kit kit the fairing length so you can tuck the relays somewhere other than in the headlight bezel.

If your looking to upgrade the headlight, try the silverstar or the 55/100 bulb and add a relay kit to get proper voltage to the bulb. I have the eastern beaver relay and silverstar and the light is impressive. If you order the eastern beaver relay kit kit the fairing length so you can tuck the relays somewhere other than in the headlight bezel.

yeah I can just agree. PIAA bulbs are also very good :)

they replace the rubber mounts. It makes things more rigid by using the engine as a form of brace.

does the stock mount set up not help at all? the vibration sure would make you feel bad ass at a stop light...

Latest posts

Back