Best bang for my buck...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasondon

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I am part of a gift exchange for xmas, and looking to get something for the max in the $100-$150 range. Here is what I am trying to decide on...

New bars and grips (Sean's & Kuryakyn?) or
Steal braided brake lines or
Fork brace

Any other suggestions? My bike is pretty much stock (03) except progressive springs. Right now I am leaning towards the new brake lines to firm up my brakes a little.

Anyone>?

Best bang for your buck would be solid engine mounts hands down.

Hi Guys

I am part of a gift exchange for xmas, and looking to get something for the max in the $100-$150 range. Here is what I am trying to decide on...

New bars and grips (Sean's & Kuryakyn?) or
Steal braided brake lines or
Fork brace

Any other suggestions? My bike is pretty much stock (03) except progressive springs. Right now I am leaning towards the new brake lines to firm up my brakes a little.

Anyone>?
Stainless steel brake lines if you are concerned about your brakes !

Need to pull out the engine for the solid motor mount ?
Motor mount is good stuff but may required more effort even if it's worth from what I saw in the threads.

For easy stuff to get without too much mechanic, I will go for seat or HID kit upgrade.

Is there a specific kit for an HID upgrade? I know you can piece one together but I have never seen anything more than that. I dont ride too much at night, but something brighter than our dull almost dead flashlight look would be nice :biglaugh:

hey im just wondering what you mean by "solid motor mounts"? why would you want that?

Do you need to take motor out to put these in tho .....
Some say yes some say no . :confused2:

No, it's not hard to do , bit of time that's all. Well worth the effort as the engine effectively becomes a stressed member.

Is there a specific kit for an HID upgrade? I know you can piece one together but I have never seen anything more than that. I dont ride too much at night, but something brighter than our dull almost dead flashlight look would be nice :biglaugh:

I'm using a low beam H4 without issue for quite a long time.
I believe some HID H4 (with halogen high beam) will fit too since they are not motorized so they wont exceed in length.
Let's say as soon as you keep the length oh a regular H4 bulb, you use the stock headlight bucket, it's safe.
Just need to be careful with cheap aftermarket bucket if you're using HID.
I had bad experience but not only me.

If you're planning to change the headlight too, a projector setup can be great.
That's what is used by high end cars and DOT approved. It might just use H3 bulbs instead, but then a double HID can be possible :eusa_dance:
That's what I'm planning to do after spending money on my carbs.

Stainless steel brake lines if you are concerned about your brakes !

Yeah I agree but should go with an R1 4 pistons (if old vmax model with 2 pistons), or a 6 pistons upgrade can be great. But adding a nice set a brake disk might increase the cost above your expected target.

I think he's got an '03 . Brakes should be O.K. , just upgrade with new lines . ( color coded for some bling ):eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

I think Sean Morley has me on the hook for a seat. Seeing as I try to get a fair bit of time in the saddle - a seat would probably help the comfort situation a fair bit. Then my spring time mods can be motor mounts and handlebars :)

Back