Best way to.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usmc-vmax

Reaction score
Hey guys if you remember my other thread..."would you do it" well I did it. I bought a 2004, it only has about 1800 miles on it, but it does have a little bit of oxidation on the rims and maybe a couple other places. What is the best way to clean the rims and get rid of the oxidation. Never had to worry about this with my 2005. Thanks in advance for the help!!:ummm:

Depends on how deep the oxidation is and if paint is involved. Rims can be repainted but thoroughly cleaned maybe even glass beaded if you have that option available to you and then powder coated. Aluminum can be polished easy enough just have to take the clear coat off first if it has any on. after that use a buff ball and jewelers rouge gives a mirror finnish and if you want re-clear coat or leave off and touch up as needed.
just my two cents

If its not deep what can I use to get it off. A buff ball, 0000 steel wool??????

oxidation on my parts was screwed b/c it was under the clear coat. powdercoated them to get rid of it.

Back