Boost missing?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scubari

Reaction score
My year 88 full power max have lost boost. What are most common issues with boost malfunction? Boost relay? Electrical fault ?
Any clues to start troubleshooting wery much appreciated [emoji57]

Lähetetty minun GT-I9506 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Not sure what cycle you mean? Rev gauge?

Havent notice that before either..only sound from gaspump..ok, i try to figure out is there sound from boost valves and go from there

Went yesterday for a testdrive, and suprise..boost is back!..so electrical connection is loose, or can the control board act like this before will be fried ?

Mikko / Vmax1988

Try dielectric grease on all your contact points on your plug ins.
The contacts in the control board will heat up and lose connection.
Some have taken the board out and soldered the points back together.

Some have tried to patch the board.....I cant remember a single time the repairs have lasted longer than a month.

In the long run its cheaper to buy another vboost controller....or buy the ignitech ignition that will control the vboost as well.

I think that i go for new board, if that's the prob. First i want to do some more detail investigation on boost wires etc.anyway

Mikko / Vmax1988

Ok......and easy way to see if it is the board......just kind of lightly twist it in your hands. If its not working....it should after that.....if only for a couple of runs.

I heated the solder points on the controller to melt the solder. Only the points where the wires connect to the board. Fixed it right up. Been good for a few years now. Bad part is that you have to remove all of the thick silicon coating from the back of the controller's circuit board. It's kind of a PITA.

Back