Can't sync the carbs...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on dannmax post, you need to use only 2 gauges. If you use 4 of them, it means you didn't read manual synch procedure.
I made synch tool with $3 materials, it only has 1 gauge and works perfectly. At least 10 bikes synchronized.

Grand Canyon. Eastern saxophone! I am eating some cheese right now. Very nice!

PXL_20210725_144644847.jpg

The weather is nice as well, I saw a great movie called. And then the couch was talking strawberry purple. By the way, did you see that car? I'll go to the fridge. Get me a. Yeah. Nice.

Grand Canyon. Eastern saxophone! I am eating some cheese right now. Very nice!

View attachment 78507

The weather is nice as well, I saw a great movie called. And then the couch was talking strawberry purple. By the way, did you see that car? I'll go to the fridge. Get me a. Yeah. Nice.
I cannot look AT CHEESE PICTURES, MY BLOOD PRESSURE GOES UP. Most inportant thing: you need to attach some kind of rifle holder to your bike.

I cannot look AT CHEESE PICTURES, MY BLOOD PRESSURE GOES UP. Most inportant thing: you need to attach some kind of rifle holder to your bike.

I don't agree with LED tyre 6.000 lumen, because you are right. This confuses him. She says left index finger. Headlight 2.2 BAR. The aardvark has landed.

Hey, whatever works.

Read it for the second time. This, just now, triggered me.

I'm starting to wonder if my Vmax actually just started running (working) the right way after the diaphragms were rebuild and I synched the carbs as they should have been before.

Maybe the overheating hasn't presented itself before, because the motor was only running at "75%" capacity?

Maybe it's gone again, not because of the new "on spec" sparkplugs, but just simply because of the coolant system flush / clean?

I'm just thinking out loud now, trying to get what happened.

I really enjoyed the oil section, as for some, it's almost religion!

"You must..."
"You absolutely need to..."
Unfortunately for me I enjoy the study of oils. As you can imagine I get very few visitors to my house for lighthearted talk.

I noticed a couple of things in the oil section.
1. Temp spikes absorption is generally missing with comparison to mineral and synthetic oils. I'm led to believe that mineral oil is better for this, although maybe things have changed in the last few years.
2. I've made a connection in the sections with the temp indicator/gauge where the fan comes on at 220 deg F. This figure coincides with the SAE/API standards of kinematic (dynamic) viscosity of engine oil at 100 deg C, which is 212 deg F. As your engine wants to naturally run about 90 deg C, this now means that as the temp creeps up, the oil temp runs out of spec and would now be unpredictable as to the kinematic viscosity count (in centistokes). So the fan comes on!
3. The oil filter does not mention what makes a quality oil filter. In my experience quality filters are cloth and not paper based, this stops them breaking up inside and wrecking the engine. I always have a look in my vehicles filters for debris and condition. I've a Merc van that the price difference on cloth filters can be £70 against £30, but I always choose cloth. Same with my sports car.

Read it for the second time. This, just now, triggered me.

I'm starting to wonder if my Vmax actually just started running (working) the right way after the diaphragms were rebuild and I synched the carbs as they should have been before.

Maybe the overheating hasn't presented itself before, because the motor was only running at "75%" capacity?

Maybe it's gone again, not because of the new "on spec" sparkplugs, but just simply because of the coolant system flush / clean?

I'm just thinking out loud now, trying to get what happened.
In my experience with the VMax Gen 1, they are prone to overheating (especially on the rear cylinders due to lack of airflow) and you need to keep ontop of your maintenance.

You will get overheating due to carbs being out as lean will produce heat, and it all becomes detrimental to running at any RPM. They need to be correct, right down to the A/F screws and air filter (don't use an old one). I don't know what plugs you were using, or the range of plugs you can get for the VMax, but in most other bikes I've owned, you can buy hot and cold plugs (and they are slightly different on temp), and spark gaps are very important. The coolant is the item that most people ignore, and it's the item I concentrate on as in my experience it usually needs changed to keep the temp stable and stop the entire system rotting away. I always flush and use distilled water with a 50/50 mix, although next time it will be waterless coolant as I will be keeping this bike for many years.

The above is obviously limited in consideration of temp rises on this bike as the electrics can do that also.

Also the last time I had the VMax over your way there were people coming to look at it when I stopped, people driving beside me staring at it, the list goes on. I assume you guys love these bikes.

A nice bike you have there mate.

View attachment 78508

This is from a Dutch PDF file. Could've been in Chinese all the same. To me it's rocket science, although I do know what viscosity means.
cP is centipoise, and is centistokes multiplied by specific gravity of the fluid in question. This would mean that as every fluid has a different specific gravity, and is directly related to temp, we have kinematic viscosity changes at every temp. But a fluid such as oil can only go so high then it becomes not that fluid anymore, and useless for the purpose. Hence the fan comes on.

Hope that helps. I did warn you I get no visitors Lol.

I don't agree with LED tyre 6.000 lumen, because you are right. This confuses him. She says left index finger. Headlight 2.2 BAR. The aardvark has landed.
You need to get off drugs, synching carbs will be much easier. You'll be able to read and understand simple things much better.

I think your engine would be ruined before the oil goes bad, especially with synthetics designed for motorcycle use, with resistance to shear, because the transmission and the crankcase share a common oil supply. I don't have the specifics of oil degradation, but if the bike is overheating for any reason, the best thing to do is to shut it off immediately. This is assuming you're using the proper oil for the bike, and you had a failure of a water hose or the water pump, the impeller, or something. Not that you have an insufficient supply of oil.

"bench synchronizing" can be done w/o removing carbs.
Bench synchronizing is an initial setup done with the carbs on the workbench as was done in this very thread. There is no other definition for it.

It will eliminate vacuum gauges difference due to vacuum leaks or bad compression.

The entire purpose behind synchronizing the carbs on the bike with the engine running is to do exactly that: Make sure each carb is doing it's work. That means identifying vacuum leaks and/or bad compression and adjusting / repairing as needed.

You really should just stop posting. Seriously. It's just ridiculous how completely and totally wrong you are nearly every single post you make.

Bench synchronizing is an initial setup done with the carbs on the workbench as was done in this very thread. There is no other definition for it.

The entire purpose behind synchronizing the carbs on the bike with the engine running is to do exactly that: Make sure each carb is doing it's work. That means identifying vacuum leaks and/or bad compression and adjusting / repairing as needed.

You really should just stop posting. Seriously. It's just ridiculous how completely and totally wrong you are nearly every single post you make.
If you synchronize carbs to compensate for vacuum leaks, you are obviously a very high level bike mechanic. 😁 Good luck!
I just want to know your grades in high school, did you graduate? I was trying to explain you other things, I was simlifying explanations more and more, but you still didn't get thru. What is your blood pressure? If you have high blood pressure, your brain arteries are most likely clogged.

Back