carb needle washers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kc8coo

Reaction score
What is the washer count on the '95 stock jet needle? I am installing the stage 7 kit and am not sure what has been modified on this bike. Mine has the plastic washer w/pin, two washers, clip, wide washer, and then the spring. My service manual does not show the two washers between the plastic and the clip. The exhaust is Holeshot 4 to 2. I suspect the original owner just shimmed the stock needle.:ummm:

Correct. Remove the two shimming washers. I'm betting your midrange is pretty rich and you aren't getting the best gas mileage.

I had Dales exhaust and mine ran great with one washer. I got just over 30MPG with it that way.

Chris

Yep, that fixed the problem I was having. The extra washers were obviously put in there by the previous owner when he put on the Holeshot exhaust. Probably the stock needles also as there was only one clip notch. It ran ok but a little lean. I installed the Dynojet stage 7 kit and now it's a monster. Sync'ed the carbs with the Carbtune Pro and it purrs like a gorilla. It is very drivable with this setup, I don't get where some people say the stage 7 ruins the drivability. Wish I had installed it years ago.
:punk:

Back