Carb part (?) ID, please help!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nubicon

Reaction score
Clif's notes- bike has been apart for far longer than I intended. Just got around to fully rebuilding each carb and racking them up. I have no extra parts, except this. It is made of nylon or some sort of stiff but slightly flexible plastic type material.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_Fu65sAfPm/?igshid=1n5o6blo0tffn

Is this even a Vmax part? Did it fall into the carb parts bin during one of the dozens of other projects on the healing bench? If you got the knowledge and feel like sharing please help! Thanks. I really don't want to have to tear this all back apart if this thing does belong somewhere.

Looks like one of the bushings for the throttle rods, not-normally needed to be disassembled. Or, maybe the choke lever ass'y.

VMax carburetor bushing.png
VMac carb nylon choke rod bushing.jpg

Last edited:
The diaphragm slides have a nylon piece integral to their shape, but it's normally not used in a disassembled condition. Also I think that's bigger than what you show.

I believe that goes behind one of the throttle/sync linkage pieces and used to align the return spring. The throttle plate and throttle rod need removed to access it.
Thinking it may be on either the #1 or #3 carb.

Last edited:
I believe that goes behind one of the throttle/sync linkage pieces and used to align the return spring. The throttle plate and throttle rod need removed to access it.
Thinking it may be on either the #1 or #3 carb.

I never tear-down carbs that-far! If anyone knows, it's dannymax.

I have completed a full rebuild of my carbs recently and that bushing looks like the bushings for the choke. There are 2 of them, one on each side of the front carb set. One at the choke lever on outer left and the right on the outer side coming out of the carb.

Latest posts

Back