Carb Rebuild

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlc596

Reaction score
I have a 1993 VMAX just purchased and need to rebuild the carbs. Is there an entire kit I can buy that's worth it. I want to replace every part. Ill do it piece by piece on partzilla but would be nice if yall know someone that puts kits together with genuine OEM jets. I do have aftermarket exhaust so will probably need a few jet sizes to play around with.

Is it a full exhaust, not a set of cans on the OEM headers?

Try looking up K&N carb kits on the search function w/my screen name.

A start, see post #2:
https://www.vmaxforum.net/threads/ready-for-reassembly.52239/#post-526320
I believe it to be a full Supertrapp system since the slipons are welded to the head pipe. I’m not sure if someone welded it or if it came like that. I need to pull the carbs apart to see what I am working with before I order anything but I’m thinking a dynojet kit if it doesn’t already have it. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2328.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2329.jpeg
    IMG_2329.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2330.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2331.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2332.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Those Trapps are not welded to the bikes pipes. The weld you see (the black painted weld) is stock on the Vmax. The Trapps are just slip-fitted to those pipes, and when installed they expose the Yamaha factory weld like you see. The stock system has this kind of chrome cover on the rear pipe system that covers the black weld area so you don't see it (looks more finished than the aftermarket system). You'll need to tug, pull, wiggle the SuperTrapps off of the pipes. But they use no clamps or anything. Simply 'pushed' on and then secured with the botls that hold them on to the footpeg brackets (I had Trapps years ago on my old '88, so I know for sure).
If you want,,,, then loosen the head pipes from the engine a bit and the loose fitting will now make the SuperTrapps come off easier, because when installed, they 'hang on tight' and are a bit hard to install/remove. You're still going to need to pull, wiggle, etc. them off of the bike. Especially if they've been on there a longggggggg time.

Vinnie

Those Trapps are not welded to the bikes pipes. The weld you see (the black painted weld) is stock on the Vmax. The Trapps are just slip-fitted to those pipes, and when installed they expose the Yamaha factory weld like you see. The stock system has this kind of chrome cover on the rear pipe system that covers the black weld area so you don't see it (looks more finished than the aftermarket system). You'll need to tug, pull, wiggle the SuperTrapps off of the pipes. But they use no clamps or anything. Simply 'pushed' on and then secured with the botls that hold them on to the footpeg brackets (I had Trapps years ago on my old '88, so I know for sure).
If you want,,,, then loosen the head pipes from the engine a bit and the loose fitting will now make the SuperTrapps come off easier, because when installed, they 'hang on tight' and are a bit hard to install/remove. You're still going to need to pull, wiggle, etc. them off of the bike. Especially if they've been on there a longggggggg time.

Vinnie
Thanks for that

Back