Chain Drive VMax's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splissken

Reaction score
Does anyone on here own a chain drive vmax or know of someone who does and if so what type of quarter mile times are they running?

Watched a stock bore turbo Vmax with 14" extended arm and chain drive go 9.44 a month and a half ago. He's been 9.20's

Phil in Colorado has been trying to break into the 9's with his 1570 longrod chaindrive bike. No bar or slick and at bandimere (very high elevation) he's got close but not there yet.

I've got a chain drive engine (and chassis it's no in yet) that has gone 8.30's and with a bit more NOS might break the 7 barrier. I will have that setup for sale very soon or can sell as is right now.

Sean Morley

Sean,
a dealer was checking out my 17" 180 GSXR wheel on my max, as he got a phone call form a guy he sold a used max to, looking for info on the chain drive,how much $$$ and where to get one,he handed me the phone, and after a short chat, i pointed him to our site here and told him to try to get in touch w/ you, Shawn or Mark and left him my email addy and phone #, if i hear from him ill send him your way

Rob

Guy at the local 1/8th mile has a chain drive with a 1500 on spray that's went a 6.12's which is around a 9.5 or 9.6 i believe

Guys, thanks for the info and keep it coming if you can. I sold my max a couple of years ago after getting stomped by an '05 R1 and bought an '05 ZX12. Now I am wanting to get rid of the 12 and build a chain drive vmax that can stay with the bike liter bikes. Sean do you have any idea what numbers a chain drive max putting 180hp to the rear wheel will do in the quarter with a 1.50-1.60 60ft. time? Thanks

contact number is: 316-619-8411

Low 9's should be possible but more likely will be mid to high nines if not even low 10's. Keep in mind that MPH is an easier way to guage what a potential quarter time COULD be. You need at least 120+ to get into the 10's and mid 130's to get into the 9's. I have seen Phils 220hp chain drive bike run mid 140's and still not get into the 9 second zone!

Look in the for sale section for a setup I just posted. In a different chassis then I have the engine ran 8.30's. If you are serious and want to build one you can't build it for what I want out of what I have available.

Sean Morley

Latest posts

Back