COP issue

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeanMax

Reaction score
I have recently installed COPs off a 2000 gsxr 600 and have had bad results. The bike will not run but gets what apperes to be proper spark and fuel. I first thought it was a carb problem because i hadn't ridden it sence it started to snow and every other problem was the carbs but this time it wasn't. I didn't think it was my COPs because i rode the bike they came off prior to swaping its engine. but for shits and giggles i had an extra VMAX coil so i attached it to one of the plugs, it tried to start on that one cylinder. measured the resistance on the COPS and got only .3 ohms. shot. i've allready cut the connectors off my vmax coils and dont even want to think about soldering them back together. Watch out for older COPs and if anyone has a spare set of COP and wants to sell, please shoot me a PM Thank you for time.

Zak

Attachments

• IMG_4035.jpg
    IMG_4035.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 41
I put my COP coils in last night... what a job!
Mine were also out of a GSXR600, but from a 2004. Did you get the polarity of the coil right? I believe there is a difference if you invert them (although I didn't think it'd be that bad)

I also didn't cut the connectors off my old vmax coils at all.
I just attached new clips to the COP coils, disassembled the connector and reused the plastic housing
P1040190b.JPG

PS: When I got my old coils out I noticed they had all cracked :damn angry: straight to the bin :biglaugh:

Talked to a technican and he said it doesn't matter what way a coil is wired, but any way, got set of 06 GSX-R 1000 coils on the way so ill try those:punk:

Latest posts

Back