Cracked coils

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great photos Kyle! Think the white stuff is some sort of epoxy which never cracks. Simple fix for outer skin cracks....run a bead of silicone caulking along the crack and go for a ride. Those outer cracks don't affect anything.
Whatever the white stuff is it is very hard. I tried to stick a pick in it and it was hard

So I cut a coil in half today for a video I am fixing to make on cracked coils. All the white stuff which is hard as a rock is what would have to crack before you got to the actual coil.
Hey Kyle, so was the black plastic cracked, but the white still keeping the coil intact?
If so, think of all the coils that got/get tossed on that visual inspection alone.
Yea ,I want to check out the video when your done.

Hey Kyle, so was the black plastic cracked, but the white still keeping the coil intact?
If so, think of all the coils that got/get tossed on that visual inspection alone.
Yea ,I want to check out the video when your done.
Yep just the black plastic . That white stuff is hard as a rock ! I don't think it would ever crack. Yep tons of good coils get tossed.

I'm so stoked by the cracked coil video ! You people are so awesome and humane to take the time and effort out of your lives to help us laymen out with your expertise that I must express my gratitude . THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH !

I was one of the people that my V max kept dying in the rain . I bought a set of used coils but nothing changed . I even went to the trouble of shielding all four of my coils with aluminum foil and sure enough it kept on dying in the rain which aggrivated me more & more because my 900 Kaw never missed a beat in rain , ice or snow . I gave up thinking Yamaha failed when it came to severe weather conditions . For me this info & video is nothing less than a God sent revelation . So now we know ! A new set of plug wires would have solved the equasion & got me home instead of all the missery I have endured . Don't know why I wasn't smart enough to replace the plug wires , but I'll fool myself again by the fact that it ran so good until rain stole my fun & joy ! THANKS AGAIN !

Back