crazy stand off/reversion

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joelyons50023

Reaction score
I noticed when running my bike on the dyno with the carb stacks off that i am having some pretty bad standoff/reversion i was wondering if anyone has tried torque cones to help this. I know some people have used them for harleys but not with huge results. I think that if i fix this a bit then jetting will become more consistant.

The bike won't make power well with the filters gone completely (and won't run at all without the air correctors). Our kit uses the velocity stacks which is one of the big keys to keeping the midrange power.

Sean

I do use velosity stacks but just removed them for testing. I know that with the stacks there is still standoff. Hey shaun do u think that if i used ur airbox setup that i would gain any just from the airbox and not indy filters. I already have the air correctors and the stg. 7 needles.

You will gain/recover your midrange if you put an airbox back on it and our filtered lid (or make your own). It's normal for fuel to sort of mist just above the top of the inlet.

Sean

Back