Cricket in my motor

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbaisdad

Reaction score
I may be crazy but the noise coming from my motor when it is between 3000-3500 rpms sounds like a cricket chriping.Only between that specific rpm.:ummm: ANY THOUGHTS OUT THERE!!!:bang head:
FRED

I have heard of cooling fan shaft end play doing that and a loose fitting faux cover that needs a little more rubber shim under it.

Do you think that at that specific rpm the vibration would do that.I did take off the covers maybe I over tighten them. THANKS
FRED

Its the faux tank cover I bet. I got the same deal until I wrapped the rubber boots on the chassis in tape to decrease the movement of the cover. Next time it makes the noise push down or pull up on the tank cover to see if that solves the issue. If that doesn't work get a louder exhaust.

I agree. My tank cover does the same. The two wire hooks at the front on each side vibrate against the corresponding hooks welded on the frame. A little electrical tape will cure for awhile.

I may be crazy but the noise coming from my motor when it is between 3000-3500 rpms sounds like a cricket chriping.Only between that specific rpm.:ummm: ANY THOUGHTS OUT THERE!!!:bang head:
FRED

You need a loud aftermarket exhaust....

I used to drive myself crazy trying to analyze all the different noises coming out of this engine, I finally gave up and decided that as long as the valves were set right I wasn't gonna worry any More. If it breaks it breaks.....

34,000 miles and counting, getting louder by the month.....running great......

You guys are right."Live and let's ride".I think I'm going to take you up on the LOUDER EXHAUST!!!:clapping:
FRED

My bike now has started to do this the last 2 times that I rode it.Thanks Man! LOL! It definately is the faux cover.I'm not sure that a cricket describes the sound good though.Sounds like something coming loose and getting ready to fall off.

take some electricians rubber tape and tape the mounting points on each side. once the original rubber starts to age it gets lose and allows the guides to vibrate against the frame. this will solve the problem for sure. did it to the 97 and the 89.

later odieoh24

Back