Dead fuel pump

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glockamolie

Reaction score
OK, I've been working on my carbs (took off and cleaned), and now I want to see if my work paid off. I bought the bike a week ago from an auction (it's an '02 with 7900 miles). The battery was weak, so I had a charger on it set at 10 amps. When turning on the key to get the pump to prime, it would run. I finally got a new battery and got it charged, and now the fuel pump won't prime when I turn the ignition on. The v-boost will cycle, and I can turn the engine over just fine. The main fuse is fine, and the 4 fuses in the little fuse box are fine. I don't think I'm even getting power to the pump at the time it should prime. The pump IS plugged in. Did I disconnect something else when replacing the battery or removing the carbs? I can't find anything. Any help is appreciated!

When one remover the battery you have to dissconnect all those quick connect plugs. I don't know for sure but I'm guessing one could very well be for the fuel pump. Maybe, somebody could take a good pic and identify what each of those plugs connects are for....

Can anybody say if one of those is for the fuel pump ?

I'd re-check and wiggle with the key on. If you hear the pump start to work you know your connection is bad.

Well, I tried the time-honored fix of removing the pump, looking at it for a minute, and plugging it in while hanging off the bike. THEN it wanted to run. So, I reassembled, got fuel, and started it up for the first time! Yeah me. I still have some work to do, but it ran, and with the SuperTrapps that I put on, it rattled the garage. I'm happy! :eusa_dance:

Back