Debate

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DakRatFink

Reaction score
I am currently running the OEM type Bridgestone Exedras and my rear is coming near the end of its useful life. I am wanting to upgrade to Metzelers, but is too much life left in the front to justify swapping it.
Conventional wisdom says not to mix and match front/rear types so do I :
A) order another rear Bridgestone and replace both with metzelers when the new rear wears
B) say EF it and mix and match anyway?
C)...???
any input is appreciated.

id say fvck it... if its wearing properly and not cupping, ive ran the bridgestone on the front and 880 on the back. i get 3 rear to one front. it ran fine and didnt show any adverse riding characteristics IMHO.

peace,
evan...

Exedra are V-Rated and fine tires, the tires you want to upgrade to are not V-rated, in reality not an upgrade and much more money.:ummm:

O

By the way, Evan. I can't get leave for the Aug 3-5 weekend and 9 hours is a wee bit out of my "local" travel area, BUT I'm pondering the idea of heading out that way for the weekend. I'll let you know If decide to come.

Exedra are V-Rated and fine tires, the tires you want to upgrade to are not V-rated, in reality not an upgrade and much more money.:ummm:

O
I'm not sure the quality can be judged by just the rating. The Metzler bias plys are great tires, and popular. H rating is adaquate for our bikes. If you exceed 130, I think you'll still be alright. Mismatching is common. A lot of guys run Lasertec fronts with different rear tires and all kinds of combinations.
Steve

Mix em up! I have almost 9k miles on my me880's. They cost more initially, but last a long time. Love em!

I would switch them both out for the Metzs & sell the Bridgestone . Nothing like a set of fresh rubber to evaluate them together. Guarantee you won't want to go back. :punk:

I have a suspicion that the V-rated tire is a much better built tire, simply because it has achieved that superior rating.

I am an Avon Fan, but I would not turn down a good deal on the Exedra. But I love those Avon Venoms.:clapping:

Actually, do you not think wear to a tire, in most cases, has all to do with your driving habits? Unless, of course, you have purchased a real low end brand.

O

Back