Ducati 848 for lunch...who has had?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDKILA

Reaction score
Monday afternoon my friend came over with his 848. I was a little worried about this because of all the reviews I read and how fast it was in those reviews. I kept reading 0-60 in the 3.3 range and 1/4 mile 11.1@130ish. Those times are definetly right with the max and the trap speed means trouble for me from a roll especially without the NOS!

Having owned a 749S awhile back I didn't know whether or not to take this ducati seriously. My 749 was MAYBE a high 11 second bike but all the reviews I read about it put it in the high 10's!

I heard him coming from several blocks away...that sexy sound of the termignoni exhaust is incredible! He pulled into my driveway and several minutes later off we went.

I let the max warm up a little bit before I attempted anything...Anyways the first race was incredible...we both were doing 5-10 mph off of a light and he told me to take the hit! I gladly took it and was able to beat him pretty badly (5-7 bike lenghts) up to about 100 mph.

The next race was a roll on from around 35 mph....I popped a little wheelie in first when I hit it and hit second hard as well (front wheel came up an inch or two) and was able to hold him off again by a few lenghts up to about 110 this time!

The 3rd and final race was from 60...I started in second and gave her a good full throttle whack and off we went...he slowly edged me by maybe a fender lenght but then when I hit 3rd I STARTED PULLING! By the end of 3rd I had him by 2 lenghts!

Needless to say he was in shock! He was even more upset that my bike was built in 1985! He had been following my progress via my facebook scrapbook on the bike and he kept telling me how ugly the max was! I told him I agree the taillight is ugly and that is all you will ever see:punk:

We then hit the local bike hagout in downtown st. charles and he bought me some lunch. He kept praising the max and telling me that it was a real sleeper! Keep in mind this was all without the nitrous!

He then allowed me to ride the 848 and I WAS NOT impressed at all. The heat coming off the motor/exhaust cooked my ballz to the point of being impotent (good thing I already have 3 kids) and the mirrors were completly useless! Kinda like my 749 without the heat issue...

I love ducati's but for ME it has to be a second bike. The seat was a 2X4 and the riding position puts all your weight into your wrists.

So there you have it boys...if you run into one take it seriously but don't be too worried!

Monday afternoon my friend came over with his 848. I was a little worried about this because of all the reviews I read and how fast it was in those reviews. I kept reading 0-60 in the 3.3 range and 1/4 mile 11.1@130ish. Those times are definetly right with the max and the trap speed means trouble for me from a roll especially without the NOS!

Having owned a 749S awhile back I didn't know whether or not to take this ducati seriously. My 749 was MAYBE a high 11 second bike but all the reviews I read about it put it in the high 10's!

I heard him coming from several blocks away...that sexy sound of the termignoni exhaust is incredible! He pulled into my driveway and several minutes later off we went.

I let the max warm up a little bit before I attempted anything...Anyways the first race was incredible...we both were doing 5-10 mph off of a light and he told me to take the hit! I gladly took it and was able to beat him pretty badly (5-7 bike lenghts) up to about 100 mph.

The next race was a roll on from around 35 mph....I popped a little wheelie in first when I hit it and hit second hard as well (front wheel came up an inch or two) and was able to hold him off again by a few lenghts up to about 110 this time!

The 3rd and final race was from 60...I started in second and gave her a good full throttle whack and off we went...he slowly edged me by maybe a fender lenght but then when I hit 3rd I STARTED PULLING! By the end of 3rd I had him by 2 lenghts!

Needless to say he was in shock! He was even more upset that my bike was built in 1985! He had been following my progress via my facebook scrapbook on the bike and he kept telling me how ugly the max was! I told him I agree the taillight is ugly and that is all you will ever see:punk:

We then hit the local bike hagout in downtown st. charles and he bought me some lunch. He kept praising the max and telling me that it was a real sleeper! Keep in mind this was all without the nitrous!

He then allowed me to ride the 848 and I WAS NOT impressed at all. The heat coming off the motor/exhaust cooked my ballz to the point of being impotent (good thing I already have 3 kids) and the mirrors were completly useless! Kinda like my 749 without the heat issue...

I love ducati's but for ME it has to be a second bike. The seat was a 2X4 and the riding position puts all your weight into your wrists.

So there you have it boys...if you run into one take it seriously but don't be too worried!

Nice ....

I had some guy on a 916 go on bout the Vmax and that it was overrated , he eventually caught up to me going round some bends in the hills and was all over my arse but when we got to a long straight road with no traffic and bout 4 cars and a truck and trailer to pass i boosted it at 100kmph and by the time i was pulling back on the right side of the road he was only halfway past the cars .
I caught up with him at the same petrol station later and he wanted to know what work i had done on the motor and he was mortified when i told him it was stock .

The Legend Lives on :punk:

Great story!
:eusa_dance:Old School can still rule :punk: The young crowd on sporties in my area just shit when they see my bike and find out it is a 25 year old design. I guess teaching can be a good thing:clapping:

Latest posts

Back