Feels Like My Shifts Get Sucked Into Place...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpecOps13

Reaction score
This is something I've been thinking about for some time. I've missed second gear on my 94, 5 or 6 times over the years. Now that SkullDuggery's (My 89) running great, I've been running pretty hard. My shifts seem so positive compared to the 94. The 94 feels like all the Rice Bike's I've owned. Good but not Outstanding.. The 89 feels like it gets sucked into the next gear, making shifts very positive and effortless ...

I'm now wondering if maybe the tranny's also been massaged in some way? Anyone have thoughts why shifting an 89 would be so much improved... Add this to my extremely high compression readings of 220-230. I'm almost tempted to pull the motor and look see what's going on in there...:confused2:

Undercut gears might be in there. The undercut should give a more positive feel.
Sean Morley does them.

Between the two factors I would say something has been massaged internally at some point.

I had it out last night, 2 up. Was running great, hit an effortless 120 on the interstate, ran out of room. Hit a road construction area and got held up at low speed for so long it overheated even with the fan on. Think I should quit worrying about what works good and do some maintenance, atleast in the short term... Thanks for the replys...

Sounds like someone has for sure been in the engine. Our undercut transmissions do like what you are saying. Smoother and more positive shifts.

I have yet to miss a shift on this bike... Thanks for the input Sean.. COOL.....
Maybe I didn't screw myself so bad resurecting rather than parting it out...

Back