Finally wheelied!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did 7 in a row and are vidio guy kept a distance. I gess you could say we have are shit togather.

If you don't like the way they ride then nobody's gonna force you to ride with them... Calling guys that wheelie or burnout squids is kinda insulting to guys that have been doing it for years... I know guys in their late 50's that can really ride do all the things you speak of, different strokes for different folks...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

If you don't like the way they ride then nobody's gonna force you to ride with them... Calling guys that wheelie or burnout squids is kinda insulting to guys that have been doing it for years... I know guys in their late 50's that can really ride do all the things you speak of, different strokes for different folks...

Squids do that crap anywhere, anytime, and endanger the guys they're with. Experienced guys know there's a time, and place when you can crank it. And by the way, with your way of interpretting what I said, I'd be one hell of a squid.

Well said Scott. Like i said sonoran pick a safe place. That can be out front in the middle or in the back Just make sure that other's know what you are doing. In our group we all know at slow speed the rolling burnout's and 1st gear wheelie's will start at will but we respect a rider's space. and at higher speed's its time to pair up and do some 6000rpm racing. If the road is good and safe than its time for some tripple digit run's. but we always respect space. The guy without a helmet is the safest riding vmaxer in our group. I feel i should have a helmet on but i dont judge other's. from time to time i go without and when i do its not for long and i ride the way he ride's. You are all welcome to ride with us but if you cant hang and play safe we are ok with you staying home.

i saw a couple of two-uppers in the vid. i can't imagine those drivers trying to follow y'all's antics, but still had a good time hanging with the hooligans. am i right?

We have some very tough vmax chick's and one magna chick that ride two up with our group and i have to say its way more fun when the chick's are on the ride. Even in the coldest weather not one bitch about anything.

I have always found it easy to power-wheelie w/two riders, but the passenger has to be very trustful of the pilot, and the pilot has to know when to call it off. No "going for the highest front-wheel" record two-up.

Personally, I would rather be at the front or the back.

I have always found it easy to power-wheelie w/two riders, but the passenger has to be very trustful of the pilot, and the pilot has to know when to call it off. No "going for the highest front-wheel" record two-up.

Personally, I would rather be at the front or the back.

I'm with you Fire, I stick to the front or the back mainly too... I stay out front if I'm wanting to drag race someone but if not I'm at the back enjoying watching the guys do their thing... I personally don't ever wheelie and rarely burnout and if I do its a full on stop while holding the brake (don't whine about how that's cheating, if you can do a rolling burnout with a 200 Shinko while weighing 270lbs then talk to me) and I make sure nobody's behind me... Like I said different strokes for different folks, just because I don't do the trick type stuff I'm not gonna try to tell other guys how to ride their bikes.... That and I love a good dead stop drag race so who am I to judge??

So Dwarft, where do you draw the line? Earlier this year I had a nice young lady in a bulletproof vest with RCP on a shoulder patch explain to me that is was not legal to exceed the speed limit when passing. So I guess we should not pass farm trucks on nice straight 2 lanes, Right? Funny thing is the closest we have come to having any sort of accident was After a pass on some 2 lane. I'm sure you would much happier riding with the the guys on Harley dresser and Goldwings then with us, so we won't be looking for you to join us

I like to ride fast, occasionally race people on the freeway if there is a lack of traffic, do quick rolling burnouts, and now pop my wheel up a foot or so and ride it out. I was telling my buddy who just bought his first bike a few weeks ago what a squid is. I realized that I'm a squid! LOL. The people who rip on other people being squids I have found out are engaging in squid-like activities too, but since they're carefully pulling wheelies or knowledgeably riding like an ass, they deny it. Only other people doing rolling burnouts or popping wheelies are squids.

You can have Squids. I will stick with hooligan. LOL.

Maybe Todd can make you a side cover for your engine that say's arizona squids. LOL......MIKE

A cover like this but it can say arizona squid's with vmax in the middle.

A cover like this but it can say arizona squid's with vmax in the middle.

vmaxclutchcoverinsert100_zps912b7ba5.jpg
:biglaugh:

Squid-
Super Quick Until I Die
or
Super Quick Underdressed Idiot, Dead
or
"Squished Kid"

are what I've usually heard. An ex-racer friend of mine said it came from "squirrely kid", as in someone who never holds one line through corners and takes other people out because of it.

The biggest thing that makes someone a "squid" is their exaggeration of their abilities....thinking they are a lot better rider than they are. Hence they try speeds/corners/tricks far above their level, wipe out, and become a statistic. See also: poser

I like to think a "Hooligan" is someone who knows what they're doing, but simply doesn't give a shit about Johnny Law or what other motorists think of him. Hooligans can be any age, and are smart enough to know when it's "safe" for antics and when it's not. Squids ride wheelies through rush hour traffic, hooligans max out top gear on a deserted highway, pass when they feel like it, and run from the cops.

I used to own a Honda VTR1000, and yes, I was a hooligan... BIG TIME!!!! High speed stand up wheelies, stoppies, knee dragging blah blah blah... Never got caught, but got a lot of minor little bs tickets on the bike, and in my truck, to the point I lost my job over them, because the company ins supplier wanted $8500/yr to insure me. I walked away from street riding, and went back to the dirt where I belong, and still am. I ride dirt regularaly, and race as well. I got back ont the street this year on an XR250. Fun little bike. Then through a trade deal on one of my MX bikes, I got the Vmax. Ya, it's got power, but I've had more. The thought of doing wheelies, and crap anymore on either of the street bikes doesn't even come to mind. Really doesnt interest me anymore, as street is rather boring to tell you the truth. Also, here in Onterrible we have this law, where if you get caught doing 50km/h (30 mph) above the speed limit, wheelies, burnouts, racing, etc etc YOU ARE DONE!!!! Your licence is yanked on the spot for 30 days, and your vehicle towed, and impounded, not to mention the anal rape job your insurance company gives you. I now know the street is not my personal racetrack

You learned the hard way, sounds like it stuck. The result is you will keep your license. FL just increased $ penalties for squidly-activities.

I've heard horror stories about ontario cops and motorcycles.

In NY if you're 40+mph over the limit, it changes from "speeding" to "street racing", which is an automatic license suspension for minimum 30 days, and vehicle towed/impounded. You're talking thousands in fines, impound fees, license reinstatement fees and of course your insurance will go through the roof, if you're not dropped entirely. I also know that wheelies/stoppies can be written up as reckless driving, one of my buddies got nailed for this. Even a momentary lift from acceleration, not even "riding" one. Of course it all depends on how bitchy the cop is, but they can technically do it.

I've almost been 100 over. My Z hits the limiter at 152mph, which was in a 55mph zone.

Thing is the few times I've got tickets it's always for little BS stuff.... a VT trooper wrote me up for 71 in a 65. Really. Got one for an inspection that was literally a day expired, I was bringing it in later that day. Some eagle eye cop that passed me going the other way noticed it, and wrote me up. Got one for not having my seatbelt on cruising through town at 15mph. I got yelled at for riding my minibike on the sidewalk once.

Latest posts

Back