Finger Lakes info wanted

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max_caper

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm considering one more decent ride before my bike is confined more or less to commuting duty. A co-worker suggested the Finger Lakes area in western New York. He said the scenery is awesome!

I've been looking at Google map and was considering taking Hwy 20 east to get to the Finger Lakes area, riding around Canandaigua Lake, Keuka Lake and Seneca Lake before heading back to Buffalo.

If there are any riders out there who are familiar with this area, I'd appreciate your input on local routes where I can enjoy some nice scenery and some fun roads.

Thanks in advance!

Blaine Williams
Oshawa, Ontario

Hi,

I'm considering one more decent ride before my bike is confined more or less to commuting duty. A co-worker suggested the Finger Lakes area in western New York. He said the scenery is awesome!

I've been looking at Google map and was considering taking Hwy 20 east to get to the Finger Lakes area, riding around Canandaigua Lake, Keuka Lake and Seneca Lake before heading back to Buffalo.

If there are any riders out there who are familiar with this area, I'd appreciate your input on local routes where I can enjoy some nice scenery and some fun roads.

Thanks in advance!

Blaine Williams
Oshawa, Ontario

#20 is a good choice, actually the only choice other than I-90, the NYS Thruway, which is flat, straight, boring and usually pretty heavy with traffic. I think any of the roads that go right along the lakes offer nice riding. Lots of local wineries, orchards, fruit stands, things like that. Don't know it anything is happening at Watkins Glen this time of year but you could check their schedule.
It's very pretty country around the Finger Lakes, that'd be a very nice ride IMO.

Blaine, I live 7 miles outside Canandaigua. all 3 lakes you listed are great runs. Naples, Canandaigua, Hammondsport. When are you planning on Making this run? I would be more than happy to give you a couple route options. I just ran those this weekend.

Chris Hansen

Thanks you very much for the replies. I'm hoping make the run this weekend or the next. My wife is trying to book some time off to come along on this ride...she'd love to check out some wineries. Any ride info or company along the way would be awesome! Blaine

Back