flywheel puller

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbullshooter

Reaction score
Aloha guys....I am doing the dreaded starter clutch!!I have a descent craftsmen's puller w 9.8 grade bolts...She wont budge. any tricks or even a puller that i can buy that works???Also who has these and the best replacement?Mahalo!
Aloha Ke Akua
AAron

i just watched sean's video i wish my flywheel would have come off that easy. i ended up heating mine up.

I've only had a couple that didn't come off that easy once I started using good quality bolts and thick washers.

Sean

Hot dam!!!!! It looked kind of like when i try to go back door on my woman!!Jump right the hell of da shaft!!!Mahalo for the vid ill give her another go!!!!
Aloha Ke Akua
AAron

I rented the crow-foot puller from auto zone...apparently it was a harmonic balancer puller for something. Hit the main bolt with the impact gun, whacked it with a hammer, repeat. After 3 or 4 tries it popped right off. You could use a breaker bar to tighten the bolt, but don't crank on it too much...you'll just break the bolts or the puller. Firmly tighten it, then smack it with a hammer.

I just did the starter clutch, for me it was just loose bolts. Tended to "miss" more when the engine was cold, on cold mornings, but was fine when warm. Removed them, cleaned the oil off, added the RED loc-tite, and re-assembled. No more "missing" when I hit the starter. Other than hassling with the flywheel a bit, it really wasn't bad. Maybe an hour start-to-finish for me.

Make sure you have new gaskets for the alt cover and middle gear cover also. I also had to replace the tiny copper washer on the bottom bolt of the middle gear cover. After I put it back together and went for a ride, it started slowly leaking oil from there, replacing the washer fixed that.

Latest posts

Back