FNG- Reporting for abuse, I mean duty.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome!

Let me say these things:

#1 Put new tires on it. Read the forum for suggestions.
#2 Put the ExactRep peg lowering kit on it. Wow.
#3 Put some mirror extensions on it. Cheap, big help, not wider (as bar ends would be), and you can still hang grocery and etc bags from the mirror.
#4 Look for a "luggage rack' such as it is, if you don't have one. ExactRep makes a clone. Then build a platform extension and attach a Fly helmet bag (revzilla). You now have a place to carry a spare 1.5 gallon gas can plus tools, gloves, a drink, etc.. Or a helmet.
#5 Ride it for a while.

When you care to tempt fate a bit more:
A: Put Delks or Akro's on it.
B; Do the airbox mod.
C: Get the guru gear tune.

Every single one of those make it a much better bike every single time you ride it, and each is well worth the investment.

If you are going to do any longer rides on it:

* The Kaoka bar end throttle lock is really sweet. A little pricey, but works excellent and looks OEM. You did keep the stick mirrors, right?
* Look for the windscreen. The bike is actually faster with it on! I think ExactRep makes a clone.
* Jim's highway pegs are nice to have. Line them up facing forward about 25 degree's as they really aren't more comfortable for placing your feel. But letting your entire heel/ankle sit on them as you stretch the leg out? There you so.

Finally, when you just can't stand the front turn signals anymore, or they break, look on this forum for "halo" turn signals. Also nice!

Back