fuel choking?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moto_Proto_Flux

Reaction score
hello, i have a 1995 vmax, pretty much stock, i am having an issue with fuel delivery recently. It will run perfectly fine when cruising at 3-4k rpm in town and just around, but when i try to wind it out a little harder, slow shifts with engine speeds up to 6k rpm, after about 10 seconds the bike starts acting like its suffering from poor fuel delivery. things i have done so far are pull carbs, clean from top to bottom and set the floats just above the cast circle, i have also synced my carbs and replaced the fuel filter as well and it is still doing it. and yes i have tried searching the forum and other forums as well and nobody seems to have or have had this issue. i have a meet im trying to go to on saturday but i cant attend of the bike cant hold highway speeds longer than 10 seconds.

Your float setting method is only good to get into the ball park. You have to wet check them to be accurate and It does count.

I looked up how to wet set, I am going to that when I get home tonight after work, I will post further to co firm if it has been fixed or not.

Latest posts

Back