Fuel cut off over 200km

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haggis78

Reaction score
Hey guys ridi g the bike the other day and fuel cut off at 200 km. I have a Morley jet kit and exhaust and airbox.
I'm thinking the fuel pump can't keep up and runs out of fuel. Any thoughts anyone?

Are you talking above 200Km per hour? If you say your engine died for fuel starvation after riding 200Km on a tank i want to know what magic you have done...

No mate at 200km per hour. The engine dies then picks up again straight away.
No chance of getting 200km out of a tank on my beast. :rofl_200:
Just seeing if the problem has happened to anyone else.

If it's a Japanese import bike they have speed governors on them that correspond to about 200kph per federal motor vehicle law.

It's not a fuel cut off, it shuts off ignition to two of the cylinders.

It's very easy to bypass, there are an extra couple wires going to the speedo and it's just a switch that's activated by the sweep of the needle. Figure out if the switch is normally open or closed, then either cut or short the wires going to it.

2 years ago I experienced a similar issue. The bike would run strong up to about 115 mph (185km/h), then it just ran out of steam and went no further. It was in the early spring, my first with the VMax, and since we get enough riding time in this part of the world during winter the bike had never gone more than 2 weeks without running I thought it couldn't be gummy carbs. I was wrong.

I changed the fuel filter & did the shotgun and she ran right up to 140 (225km/h).

Back