Fuel Pump Cost and Location.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arabian2

Reaction score
I was told by a mechanic that is looking at my bike that the fuel pump will need to be replaced. I believe I changed it out like 15 years ago (or longer but can't remember). My questions. Does anyone know how much one may cost me, these days, where I may find one, and If I'm correct it's just draining the tank, and removing it from the bottom (under the fuel tank), and putting the new one on, correct?

I tagged Sean Morley on your other post. He usually has several of them on hand. Don't spam messages everywhere because it'll make it harder to find an answer. Just hang in there, Sean normally checks in several times per day.

I was told by a mechanic that is looking at my bike that the fuel pump will need to be replaced. I believe I changed it out like 15 years ago (or longer but can't remember). My questions. Does anyone know how much one may cost me, these days, where I may find one, and If I'm correct it's just draining the tank, and removing it from the bottom (under the fuel tank), and putting the new one on, correct?
No, the sender is in the tank. The fuel pump is just under your seat. I'm curious as to why it's being condemned. Are there running issues? There are aftermarket options. It's just a low pressure pump. Mr. Gasket makes one that works. The OEM should still be available. +1, Sean would be the guy to call for a used one.

It stopped for no good reason. Just got it running again by tapping on it with a wrench. Still will order one just to be safe. Thanks

It's like a relay, the points may need attention. If you grew up when a tune-up was cap, rotor, points, and spark plugs, and change the fuel filter, you're familiar with a points file, and likely have one in a drawer along with a dwell meter.

I've been using a pump off a R1 going on 8 years.
Lot more plentiful, lot cheaper.
Just need to reroute fuel lines, or change the cap on pump.

Back