Fuel Pump works sometimes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

86MaximusPrime

Reaction score
So, bare with me guys, im new to the max....so there i was trying to figure out what was wrong with my bike...it wouldnt start...just heard a click from the cdi box...also, i did not hear the pump turn on when i turned the key and i figured it out the click...the ground from the cdi box to the engine block was bad...took it off the block, cleaned it up, then put it back, turned the key, no pump sound but it fired right up.

Then i rode off, went to the gas station down the road, filled up, then about a half mile after that...putter putter putter...no fuel to the carbs...i knew it would happen...switched from on to res, nothing...then later...i switched to res, then turned the key, click click click click...pump is now on...went for a ride for about 5 miles...never died again..but i shortly after i was done riding i tried turning the key a few times to see if i could hear the pump...no dice...so im not sure whats going on...i know i might have plugged turn signal relay in place of the fuel pump relay by accident...so first thing is..where is the fuel pump relay...a picture would be nice so i can easily identify. Thanks for any suggestions i appreciate it alot.

Rhoy, it's a separate relay. Turn signal and starting cutoff relay are housed in the same box however. The fuel pump relay is under left scoop and is the one with a 6-wire connector. The bigger box is the vboost controller and the last is the bigger relay and has a 9-pin connector I believe.

Yeah thats the one i removed and replaced with a same size turn signal relay cause the guy i bought it from said the turn signal relay was bad and that he had already bought a relay for it..and the only place it fit turned out to be the fuel pump relay connector...i put back what used to be there and the turn signal relay he thought was bad is actually good..i just needed to get resistors for the LED turn signals...so by connecting a turn signal relay to the fuel pump relay connector may have messed up that relay?

Latest posts

Back