gear whine

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sieve

Reaction score
i have a gear mesh whine coming from the engine when im slowing down, also if i put the bike on the centre stand there seems to be a lot of back lash in the drive shaft is this adjustable also i am running metzlers front and back and both tires are scalloped Any ideas on both

Try a different air pressure on your next set of Metzlers.

I think back lash is normal on Vmaxes. Hard to say without your describing in better detail just how much is your definition of 'a lot'.

There is a lot of backlash in the drivetrain which is normal. Whine can be a lot of things from poorly worn tires (try running 40psi in them) to a broken pinion nut oin the differential (which is common).

Sean

I had a whine between 40 and 45 mph in any gear. My problem was the differential.

how easy is it to check the pinion nut ?????????? the noise does not seam to be from the diff more from the front of the driveshaft. Its loud enough for my buddy to hear when hes riding in front of me Also not sure i want to stay with metzlers what other tires are people using on there bikes with good feedback ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back