• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale Gen 1 Real Carbon fiber scoops

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is actually pretty easy to fix it. Is it just epoxy over the carbon fiber. From what I’ve seen. Clean the area. Fill it with epoxy so that it sticks above the surrounding area. Let it harden. Sand and feather it in around the area and then polish.
I suspect you need whatever the CF resin is used with the cloth, not epoxy.

It is actually pretty easy to fix it. Is it just epoxy over the carbon fiber. From what I’ve seen. Clean the area. Fill it with epoxy so that it sticks above the surrounding area. Let it harden. Sand and feather it in around the area and then polish.
YEP THAT"S PRETTY MUCH HOW YOU REPAIR IT, I MYSELF WOULD SAND BOTH UNITS SMOOTH AND EPOXY BOTH COMPLETELY TO KEEP IT COMPLETELY UNIFORM. BUT THATS ME AND IT IS WAY MORE WORK THAN REALLY NEEDED, LOL!

Back