Gen 2 Products Offering - Requests

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

one2dmax

Staff member
Reaction score
***NOTE*** anyone wanting to share any of this information on the Star site is welcome to do so.

So far our offerings for the Gen 2 haven't been nearly as large as for the Gen 1 (and won't be for awhile) but we do still have a few items available.

We've of course done a few of the Gen 2 seat reshapes with happy customers. We've also done a number of our handlebars that seem to be very popular with the customers as well.

Since we are getting very close to completing the Carrozzeria wheel deal for the Gen 1 again I am wondering if there is any demand for something like this for the Gen 2 customers. I know that many are asking for 17" wheels for it and if I was to go a custom run of wheels I am sure we could get it in a number of different sizes (but only one size would likely be chosen as the final selection).

Same with performance shocks. I've been working with Penske on a special rear shock and at some point will be able to offer those up. The OEM shock is very good in my opinion though!

Hopefully in the near future (maybe by the first of the year) we should have the prototype clear converted clutch cover for the gen 2 ready to go to it's customer.

We have already been doing chroming on them and my exchange parts aren't nearly as many but I do have some we can exchange. And of course we can always chrome up the customer parts with no problem and a reasonably quick turn around.

At some point we are also thinking of an extended swingarm for these beasts though I don't think wheelies have been a weak point on them like the gen 1. Of course the looks would be very killer.

The biggest thing I think we are working on may be engine internals enhancements. Hopefully after the first of the year I can make more announcements on that.

Sean Morley

At some point we are also thinking of an extended swingarm for these beasts though I don't think wheelies have been a weak point on them like the gen 1. Of course the looks would be very killer.

I disagree, at the track when traction is good, wheelies are a big issue in 1st and 2nd. maybe 2 or 3 inch extend?

I disagree, at the track when traction is good, wheelies are a big issue in 1st and 2nd. maybe 2 or 3 inch extend?

or something like this!!!!

Three%20Wheeled%20Hayabusa%20%202.jpg

From my rides on the gen 2 the problem isn't as bad as a gen 1 but that doesn't mean there isn't a problem (hence the suggest to stretch one). I see no problem on our end being able to do that. The issues that will arise:

Extending the rear brake line - No problem at all
Driveshaft - Again with one of our extenders this should not be an issue
Shock - This should not be an issue at all. The shock mounting location is forward from the area we would stretch. The only issue is the increased leverage would require increasing the preload and other dampening adjustments. Depending on the rider weight this could potentially max out the shock though the rider would need to be pretty stinking big to max it out.
Swingarm - This will of course be the biggest issue. Cutting open the arm and finding the correct donor material. This may require a custom billet insert that matches the profile for the tube in that area. Welding it in place will be no problem. Extending the drive side with a billet spacer won't work well because then the notched area doesn't align with the wheel. This cut has to be made in front of the notch. The brake side cut is made after the last bend where it straightens out to the axle.
Brake Stay - the gen 2 stay design should not require any modifications provided our cut on that side is in front of the stay locating features.
I don't see any speed sensor wires going to the rear diff so there should be no wiring issues to deal with.
Rear Fender - This may require modifications depending on how much room is back there. The gen 1 works with the +3" over arm with only removal or modification to the taillight/plate assembly.

Sean

understand, ride a modded one with the Nash Flash on the track and wheelies are definitely a problem, on the street not so much, wish it was, but just spins anytime in 1st and 2nd, But I can assume extending the swingarm will make that worse on the street correct?

Correct. Longer is less down pressure so less traction. It's a fine line between length and width of tire. Too wide and you also lose the pressure per inch so then it also spins far more easily.

I have ridden Darren Crays with the most current Flash and it does run well. Took me a few attempts to get a nice launch out of it (in street practice). I am feeling a very nice pass is possible on it as is.

Also took me a few times to figure out the power application to get it to wheelie nicely where I could carry it a couple of gears. More seat time and less guilt for beating on it would let me run the front off the ground for a long ways. BUT, it's far far easier to get the front up on a gen 1.

Now, the power is there and if enough traction is there then a stretched version should put down some very nice 60' times.

Hopefully I'll get some passes in this coming year on his bike and we'll see what can be squeezed out of it. I wish I could get my experience in a much lighter body lol.

Sean

I agree about the Gen I as well, I have had two, a new 98 and a new 07.
It is hard to launch the big ol Max for sure, my best 60' has been a 1.65 with 225 psi, on stock height no strap. But always want more!

Back