• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Gen2 OEM hard saddle bags - sold

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Side loading, flimsy plastic bags with nut heads sticking out of one side of them?

I wouldn't give you 100 bucks for them.

Why not? You just did.

My point is simply this: They are side loading, so any time you open them half your stuff will hit the ground. What's more, you have those nut heads sticking into the INSIDE of the storage area, so you better not pack any electronics or anything breakable in them.

Thirdly, he's asking 1000 freaking dollars for them. For 600 you can buy yourself a VERY high quality set of these:

https://www.vikingbags.com/viking-l...uslqlqf0T3xUJYSKGd8Nk7_-8IW-jE5xoCkJ8QAvD_BwE
And then get you a mounting kit for another 60 bucks and you're done.

Baring that, you could get yourself some really nice, weatherproof leather bags like this:

https://www.motorcycleid.com/hot-le...d-carry-pocket-2520794131.html?vehicle=152258
For a fraction of the price and they're much more useable.

And if you're going to be a pill to me, why not take a shot at Sean as well?

Looking through threads on here a pair sold for $1100 and I believe another over $900.

Correct! That's what they've been going for. So obviously that is what some owners are willing to pay. They were not cheap from the factory to begin with, they are no longer made and a lot of Gen 2 owners like them. They are designed specifically for the bike, and they match the other factory accessories.

Why not? You just did.

My point is simply this: They are side loading, so any time you open them half your stuff will hit the ground. What's more, you have those nut heads sticking into the INSIDE of the storage area, so you better not pack any electronics or anything breakable in them.

Thirdly, he's asking 1000 freaking dollars for them. For 600 you can buy yourself a VERY high quality set of these:

https://www.vikingbags.com/viking-l...uslqlqf0T3xUJYSKGd8Nk7_-8IW-jE5xoCkJ8QAvD_BwE
And then get you a mounting kit for another 60 bucks and you're done.

Baring that, you could get yourself some really nice, weatherproof leather bags like this:

https://www.motorcycleid.com/hot-le...d-carry-pocket-2520794131.html?vehicle=152258
For a fraction of the price and they're much more useable.

And if you're going to be a pill to me, why not take a shot at Sean as well?

This thread is for people interested in OEM yamaha bags that match the bike and are not produced anymore. It isn't for people interested in aftermarket bags that look silly and don't match.

Do you go into COACH or Louis Vuitton forums and tell everyone how a target bag will work the same and cost less?

Even old Ferrari tool kits go for thousands of dollars. Why? It is just a few wrenches and screwdrivers but people want the OEM original parts. Not aftermarket ones you can buy for $20 at Lowes.

I have priced it below market rate based on my research yet you went out of your way to insult my item, you must be a hate filled bitter person.

This thread is for people interested in OEM yamaha bags that match the bike and are not produced anymore. It isn't for people interested in aftermarket bags that look silly and don't match.
This thread is both.

I have the OEM bags, they look great and fit the bike perfectly BUT being a long distance rider, they don't hold much. The shape is all wrong to be useful for touring.

Having said that, if people want to sell and people are willing to pay, then that will happen. Compare it to the price of gym equipment right now during the Covid-19 pandemic. A 300lb. barbell set was selling for $300 before the pandemic, now sells for $7-800.

That is the way the world works when there is a shortage of product.

Sounds like a bigger set of useful and attractive set of bags/trunk at a reasonable price would be a good business opportunity for our resident VMax vendors/gurus.

I

I'd like to know some of you guys experience with 3rd party hard bags. I have soft bags and they are ok. Leak a bit, and a PIA goin on and off.

Maybe a new thread if that bothers some folks. 😁

If there is a real nice set of hard bags everyone likes. I (or others here) could look designing at a mounting system.

Just got a forum link about Givi bags on a Gen1. We are talking Gen2 here but the bags looked pretty nice. I'll check Viking today. I do see a lot of Givi stuff when I'm on the road.

Just because you found a website that lists them doesn't mean they actually have them. Read the fine print. But I appreciate you missing the point.

🙄

Yes, they do. Hence the "IN STOCK READY TO SHIP" tags.

And it's not "a website".

It's Amazon, Dick's Sporting Goods (one of the largest sporting goods chains in the United States) and Tredder, a pure fitness equipment distributor.

And I didn't miss the point. You just spouted off complete crap.

🙄

Yes, they do. Hence the "IN STOCK READY TO SHIP" tags.

And it's not "a website".

It's Amazon, Dick's Sporting Goods (one of the largest sporting goods chains in the United States) and Tredder, a pure fitness equipment distributor.

And I didn't miss the point. You just spouted off complete crap.
Is this how you pass every day? Looking for fights with other members?

Is this how you pass every day? Looking for fights with other members?
Not looking for a fight, pal. You've posted complete disinformation with every single post you've made. If you can't stand being corrected, stop posting complete nonsense.

Back