• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Gen2 OEM hard saddle bags - sold

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like to know some of you guys experience with 3rd party hard bags. I have soft bags and they are ok. Leak a bit, and a PIA goin on and off.

Maybe a new thread if that bothers some folks. 😁
2nd Generation: I am working on trying to install a set of new 2016 Harley saddlebags on my 2009 VMax this winter while it is up on the lift for other mods. They are black and seem to suit the lines of the VMax well. My main concern is trying to find mounting points that kind of coincide with the Harley brackets.
1st Generation: I sold my 2001 with Hepco & Becker 42 litre saddlebags and 52 litre trunk. In my mind, they are top of the line. They took a beating on my way around Mexico and Guatemala and nothing went wrong with them as far a workmanship and fit.

I have the OEM bags, they look great and fit the bike perfectly BUT being a long distance rider, they don't hold much. The shape is all wrong to be useful for touring.

Having said that, if people want to sell and people are willing to pay, then that will happen. Compare it to the price of gym equipment right now during the Covid-19 pandemic. A 300lb. barbell set was selling for $300 before the pandemic, now sells for $7-800.

That is the way the world works when there is a shortage of product.

Sounds like a bigger set of useful and attractive set of bags/trunk at a reasonable price would be a good business opportunity for our resident VMax vendors/gurus.

I
Can you post a pic of the mounting on the bike with the bags off. Also I'd like to see the outside of the OEM bag.. the side with the mount that mates to the bike.

Thanks

Can you post a pic of the mounting on the bike with the bags off. Also I'd like to see the outside of the OEM bag.. the side with the mount that mates to the bike.

Thanks
When you remove the OEM bags, there is nothing to see. There is no mounting pieces. It mounts to pre-existing threaded holes which are normally (and with bags) to add on to the rear backrest, etc.

2nd Generation: I am working on trying to install a set of new 2016 Harley saddlebags on my 2009 VMax this winter while it is up on the lift for other mods. They are black and seem to suit the lines of the VMax well. My main concern is trying to find mounting points that kind of coincide with the Harley brackets.
1st Generation: I sold my 2001 with Hepco & Becker 42 litre saddlebags and 52 litre trunk. In my mind, they are top of the line. They took a beating on my way around Mexico and Guatemala and nothing went wrong with them as far a workmanship and fit.

I've got those cheap (<$50)
1608119557817.png

When my Luggage Rack arrives, I'll put them on, just need to know which hardware I have to buy.
I will be a flat and/or an angled piece of iron (the angled one because of stability).

Have already my saddle bags mounted (had to use Saddlebag Support, so got some Support Racks for a Vstar 650 for cheap).

Here is a nice looking set of luggage for the 2nd Gen, looks a lot like my Hepco & Becker setup I had on my 1st Gen. I sent them a message about how they are mounted. Waiting on their response.

http://www.vmax.bike/new/?page_id=5136&lang=en
I was looking at those yesterday. Doesn't look too bad.

I have a "Universal" mounting kit and some damaged bags coming from Shad. I am looking at the SH35 and SH36 bags. Going to try to come up with a kit to add to the Universal mounting so we can get a nice set of hard bags on out VMAX's.

No promises.. but will give it my best shot.

Latest posts

Back