Glowshift gauges

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ost85vmax

Reaction score
Anyone have any exp with these gauges? Looking to customize my instrument cluster and have two large gauges and led indicator lights. Only light i should be concerned with is the fuel light which is involved with the entire reserve circuit correct?

The simple way to solve the fuel light issue is to wire the OEM bulb in parallel with the led buld. Worked just fine on the couple of custom gauges we've adapted to the vmax.

Sean

Yes that is what i will probably do. I also thought of wiring in series a resistor to compensate the difference between the led and the oem bulb since i think the entire circuit is based on resistance given from the sending unit in the tank? Does this sound plausible also?

I think you wire a resistor in parallel to simulate the bulbs resistance. I can't specifically remember the amount that it is.

Sean

Yes parallel would make sense. I can just check the difference with the led installed and solder on the nessasary one.

Back