Going back to stock airbox

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icepick

Reaction score
Finally scored a stock airbox , have the stock main jets 153's and a full Walker Holeshot exhaust with K&N pod air filters.
Is there anything I should change or be aware of after I swap over?
Thanks

you'll probably just have to re-tune slightly if you're going with an open top. unless you are going for a fully stock airbox? then u'll have to remove air correctors... why u going back?

I' m not a big fan of the K&N's what is an "open top"? I don't want to remove the correctors.
I've read the stock airbox will evenly distribute the air flow to the carbs.

if you have the pods air correctors had to be installed. here is a good link
http://www.vmaxoutlaw.com/main.html
in this link http://www.vmaxoutlaw.com/main.html #3 is where you should have air correctors. be real careful taking them out. i drilled them with a dremel but you must be careful because the oem ones will be undernieth. if you are unsure maybe someone can post a pic of the stock/dyno jet correctors so you dont drill your stock ones thinking they are dyno jet ones. im at work or i would.

what is an "open top"? I don't want to remove the correctors.

open top i beleive is what sean morleys kit uses, it will give you a bit more low end than the dynojet s7 kit will give you. If you have pods on that means you have a dynojet stage 7. Im assuming you bought your bike like that already?
If you are having problems with your bike make sure it is tunned right before you go taking out the correctors and pods. It might not be tunned right if its running like shit. (here is a possible duh award story, while i was trying to tune my s7 i forgot to hook up a coil wire after charging battery and was trying to adjust jets and needles while running on 3 cyllinders! Lol duh) make sure to pm one2dmax (seanmorley). If your getting rid of the pods.

the bike is running fine, I'm just wondering if I will get better gas mileage with the stock air box on, Looking at the air box, there are screws to take off part of the top, I may try that to see what it does, I had some tuning issues a while back, and finally got it dialed in, not sure if I want to open that can of worms again!

yea if you put the stock aribox back in you'll have to remove the correctors

Back