Handlebar options for Gen 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a custom plate available for mounting various items to?

Attachments

• 20-002_Instrument_Mounting_Panel_w_Spacers_02.jpg
    20-002_Instrument_Mounting_Panel_w_Spacers_02.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 25
  • 20-002_Instrument_Mounting_Panel_w_Spacers_01.jpg
    20-002_Instrument_Mounting_Panel_w_Spacers_01.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 89460889_10217870673532848_4547395215614279680_n.jpg
    89460889_10217870673532848_4547395215614279680_n.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 28
I must be missing something...the bike has a gear indicator between the fuel & temp gauge.
:) unfortunately its not really a good spot for me to monitor the gear , thats why i am using individual indicator.

I would like more of a rise and pull back. Has anyone done that. I think I would have to extend the brake and clutch lines.

I would actually like longer reach hanldbars. I think I would have to extend my throttl, brake and clutch cables. Has anyone ever done this.

Last edited:
I would actually like longer reach hanldbars. I think I would have to extend my throttl, brake and clutch cables. Has anyone ever done this.
My setup is exactly like that , protaper adventure bar

Did you have to do anything major to get the hoses and cables to reach? I'd love a higher/wider bar on mine.
I extended brake and clutch hoses with bmw 1” or 1/2” adapter plus I extended the throttle cable along with control cables .

I tried the Rox Risers last year. They were a 2 inch pull -back. I should mention this was for a Gen 2.
Didn't work with stock hoses and cables. Managed to scratch the paint on the bars in a few places as well !
I think a one inch pull-back would be max with stock cables and hoses .
Don't think anything is available that small ?

I tried the Rox Risers last year. They were a 2 inch pull -back. I should mention this was for a Gen 2.
Didn't work with stock hoses and cables. Managed to scratch the paint on the bars in a few places as well !
I think a one inch pull-back would be max with stock cables and hoses .
Don't think anything is available that small ?
Yes it is a little bit challenging process. If you like to pullback you definitely need to extend clutch and brake lines , wiring for hand controls and throttle cable . Even with 1” pull back is challenging because stock setup is already tight .

We've set up customers with custom lines and hoses. I think the most recent was a +9" set for a customer (he hasn't put them on yet).

If you look at the picture i put red arrow to show the piece . It gives you 2” extend for clutch and brake lines . They made it for BMW motorcycles it fits perfectly.

Attachments

• 62FB8A03-F17F-4CC9-A513-0266055898AB.jpeg
    62FB8A03-F17F-4CC9-A513-0266055898AB.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 30
If you look at the picture i put red arrow to show the piece . It gives you 2” extend for clutch and brake lines . They made it for BMW motorcycles it fits perfectly.
Ah! So you didn't actually extend the hoses. You added that adapter to extend the mounting point for the hoses. Correct? What about the throttle cables and electrical connections? Did you just reroute them? Thanks!

Back