Handling?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgtt45

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I just put the grand down for a 09 vmax. I am a vrod rider but LOVE the looks and power of the new vmax. My question is... how do you all think it will handle compared to my vrod? I know no one has ridden one but some have sat on it.... any impressions?

First off, Congrats! Now that you've outed yourself as a future owner, we'll all be waiting on your front porch when she's delivered.:biglaugh:

None of us know how it will handle, but from my impression of sitting on the thing, it's really familiar. The seat could use a little help though.
I don't see why it wouldn't scrape the pegs without much effort, and it feels really light for being a 680lb pig.

The old ones don't handle as bad as the interweb and magazines would leave you to believe. Sure there's room for improvement, but Hell, I throw sparks from the bottom of my 86 in stock configuration with no problems at all.

Duuuuuuuude... That's no shit on the "...showing up on your porch..."

Welcome to the forum. Hope to see pics and reports from you soon. :biglaugh:

From the specs I've seen on the suspension, it should handle at least as well as any sport touring bike currently produced, like the FJR.

I would have to say the new max will out handle the vrod. unless you own a streetrod, the streetrod handles very well, that could be a toss up.

Going off the specs and giving it an educated guess.I would have to say that will hold a turn better then any vrod.It looks to me that they based the frame off of the fzr1.The front forks are in a class of there own and rear suspension is also taken from the sport bike world.I'd say that there is enough super bike tech on there to give you plenty of bliss in turns.

I have a 04 vrod. It hadles pretty good. I am looking forward to trying out the Vmax. I'll have to ride slow with my harley buds now...:biglaugh:

Back