Heating up question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gundoc_iowa

Reaction score
I have an 04 Vmax and lately it seems that it warms up a lot quicker than it did before. The temp gauge seems to hit right about the halfway mark on the range....and it seems to get there fastr than normal. It doesn't over heat but it still kinda makes me nervous. Also when the fan finally kicks on it sounds like hell. It makes a loud whirring/whining sound....it doesn't sem right. Any sugestions??

first of all if the weather is hotter it is normal. but it is not difficult to check you if you need to add some cooling fluid. remove the right scoop (2 allen bolts) then you can see the the tap where you put your cooling fluid. open it and try to pour some cooling fluid. i recomend not to pure water in it because water makes rust in your water fridge ( i am from greece sorry if i dont say the terminolgy right but i hope you get the meaning), you will find out in a minute if that was the problem or not. the fan problem is another problem and it doesnt have to do anything with you temp rising very easily to the middle (cause the fan is not working at that time) you can find used ones very cheap on ebay.

Back