help me put a value on this gsxr1000

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90maxman

Reaction score
hey guys just wondered if you could give me your opinions on putting a value on this bike. it is a 2005 gsxr1000 that has had some work done. here is the list cylinders bored 2mm renickisilled 2mm over mtc pistons rings and wristpins and new rods. head ported then shaved .0010 inch stage 1 cams adjustable cam gears. air shifter with built in compressor. thompsons custom cycle swing arm 14" with underbracing. brocks sidewinder exhaust. guy says it dynoed at 198 hp and 113 ft lbs tq. bike has 15'000 on odometer all motor work was done at 11'000 miles. thanks in advance

Attachments

• gsxr.jpg
    gsxr.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 46
  • gsxr1.jpg
    gsxr1.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 39
  • gsxr2.jpg
    gsxr2.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 39
Value is what ever blue book says, very few people will pay extra for mods.

yep whatever BB says. a bank wont loan you money for a 15,000 dollar 1993 vmax. its just to risky for them. thats what the bluebook is for anyways. and insuramce companies are giving you a rate based on a stock vaklued bike. if you have a bike wprth 400k. u need to be paying a 400k rate

yeah i understand where you guys are coming from about the kbb. i know thats all the bank will loan out but not everyone takes a loan to purchase something. but i also understand someone not wanting to pay more than bb for insurance purposes. i guess to the right person it would be worth more than bb i guess that person would want what the bike has to offer. i am just trying to put a value on it because the owner of this bike is offering me a trade. thanks for reply's keep em coming

just my opinion what id give for it if it ran good after all the motor work and is as clean as it looks in the pics... 7-9k
i think a stock one is like 5500-6500.
im from indiana and we're not doin much better than you guys

from the sounds of it the new 1ks are gonna make 200hp to compete with bmw. those are brand new, 0 miles. warranty. did i mention brand new? prolly between 12 and 14k

somewhere other than the midwest?? dunno. could go for 10k id imagine. florida/cali

paying anymore than that and ur risking it

yeah i understand where you guys are coming from about the kbb. i know thats all the bank will loan out but not everyone takes a loan to purchase something. but i also understand someone not wanting to pay more than bb for insurance purposes. i guess to the right person it would be worth more than bb i guess that person would want what the bike has to offer. i am just trying to put a value on it because the owner of this bike is offering me a trade. thanks for reply's keep em coming

What are you trading him for it ?

Take a look at the bikes here: http://www.garwoodcustomcycles.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=browse&id=1415870&pageid=35

That should give you a decent gauge compared to what you're looking at. Those are dealer bikes, so a private seller is usually 10-15% or more less. Make sure you trust the person and/or take a good look at the bike. Lots of people have work done to their vehicles. Doesn't always mean it was done well.

well the trade would be for my 93 goldwing that i have listed here in the classifieds. i really cant lose i guess he is also throwing in both pitbull stands a one piece suit and a bunch of icon gear. he also has a supercharger for bike that he will throw in and the stock swingarm and stock header pipe but dont have the can. i really feel my wing is worth $6000-$6500 but it is end of season and i have multiple offers of $5000 so i think this would be a very fair trade.

my question is, is it stolen? thats almost too good to be true of a trade in your favor

no not stolen i dont believe i will definitely need a clean and clear title with bike. guy says he is done with the sportbike thing and wants something he and the wife can ride.

I suppose that's a plausible reason, and people are often willing to take a bit of a hit for a trade.

But still, you'll make out like a bandit on this deal. He'll "throw in" a supercharger? Most people "throw in" an old helmet or the stock parts.

Even giving everything that's on it, I'd say around $8-9k. As others said, even big time mods don't add much (if anything) to a bike's value, despite how much money they have into it.

well the bike books for $62-- so you think i should have no problems getting that if i decided to sell? i guess its a go for me then we will find out on monday.

well the bike books for $62-- so you think i should have no problems getting that if i decided to sell? i guess its a go for me then we will find out on monday.
The end of the season is upon us. Besides that this is a buyer's market right now...lots of bikes out there for sale and new ones are going for great deals.

If you decided to sell you'd likely be stuck with it for awhile. Be 100% sure about it before you go through with it.

well i went ahead with the trade but i was wrong about the supercharger i must have heard him say something else so it did not come with a supercharger. but i did get over $1000 in accesories a one piece leather suit both pitbull stands 3 pairs of gloves a icon jacket and two pairs of boots. all in all i think the trade was pretty good. by the way this bike is an animal here are some pics.

Attachments

• bikes 011.jpg
    bikes 011.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 15
  • bikes 012.jpg
    bikes 012.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 16
  • bikes 013.jpg
    bikes 013.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 15
  • bikes 017.jpg
    bikes 017.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 13
  • bikes 019.jpg
    bikes 019.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 13
  • bikes 018.jpg
    bikes 018.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 13
  • bikes 021.jpg
    bikes 021.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 14
i also took some pics of the max for the first time so i thought i would share those too. the max is dusty in pics forgive me lol.

Attachments

• bikes 026.jpg
    bikes 026.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 12
  • bikes 027.jpg
    bikes 027.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 11
  • bikes 028.jpg
    bikes 028.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 12
  • bikes 029.jpg
    bikes 029.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 11
  • bikes 032.jpg
    bikes 032.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 10
  • bikes 033.jpg
    bikes 033.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 10
  • bikes 030.jpg
    bikes 030.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 11
well i went ahead with the trade but i was wrong about the supercharger i must have heard him say something else so it did not come with a supercharger. but i did get over $1000 in accesories a one piece leather suit both pitbull stands 3 pairs of gloves a icon jacket and two pairs of boots. all in all i think the trade was pretty good. by the way this bike is an animal here are some pics.
That sure looks wicked! Is it even streetable as is? What are your plans for it?

That sure looks wicked! Is it even streetable as is? What are your plans for it?

yes it is plenty streetable but it can run at the track if i decide to take it out for a little legal fun. plans are just to ride it on the streets just hope i dont get too many tickets lol.

Back