Help on '94

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deanpug

Reaction score
Hello All.
I picked up a 94 vmax and going over it to make it as new as possible. When we removed the faux tank, I found a paper clip looking thing connected to a butterfly valve down in the middle of the carbs. The bike is supposed to have stage 7 carbs and it does have K&N filters on it. Any idea what that is or was suppose to do?
Thanks for any input.
Dean

sounds like the wired the v-boost valve open. A true stage seven has aluminum tubes connecting the front to rear manifolds in place of the v-boost butterflies.

Sean

sounds like the wired the v-boost valve open. A true stage seven has aluminum tubes connecting the front to rear manifolds in place of the v-boost butterflies.

Sean
Thanks Sean!

Is it possible to have the stage seven carb kit anyway? Could I get the tubes to finish it correctly?

I'd probably leave it like it is or even let the v-boost go back to functioning normally. Easier to sync the carbs and good power across the board. Are there indiviual filters on it right now?? There should be. You can improve the stage seven a bit adding some velocity stacks under the filters (you'd need to get a lower airbox section - I have a few if interested).

Sean

I'd probably leave it like it is or even let the v-boost go back to functioning normally. Easier to sync the carbs and good power across the board. Are there indiviual filters on it right now?? There should be. You can improve the stage seven a bit adding some velocity stacks under the filters (you'd need to get a lower airbox section - I have a few if interested).

Sean
Thanks again Sean!

It appears that the other end of the paper clip looking wire is not connected to anything so am I to assume that the V boost will function normally if I take the wire off?

Yes, it has individual air cleaners on it now.

Back