Holeshot a Lincoln

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richwrench

Reaction score
I was out for a sunset cruise tonight, the roads had just dried up from a day full of rain. I blew past a pack of cars after the 'Max warmed up & I came up to e red light at Belcher & Tampa Road - the heart of Palm Harlem. As I'm sitting there, an old white Lincoln with all the windows down pulls up next to me on the left & I hear the driver yell out, " Hey, wanna race ?" I look over & this guy is grinning from ear to ear & his girlfriend is looking back & forth at us like we're crazy. Without thinking I start to laugh out loud, & this guy is eating it up. " C'mon, lets go !" I nodded OK & he starts power-braking & I start reving. The light turns green & I launch at about 5K & slip the clutch (I've been practicing & getting pretty good) & I just hurl through the intersection & this Lincoln disappears in my rear-view. This stretch of road has cops quite often & the speed limit is 45 so I back off at 75 down to a reasonable speed. The next intersection is Curlew road, about a mile away, & just as I approach it here comes this Lincoln in my left mirror. He must have built up a head of steam & he's doing about 90. I don't have the heart to destroy this good-natured guy so I stay off the throttle & let him roll up to the light first. As I pull up next to him before I turn right, I nod my head in approval & he waves & toots the horn. We both had a chuckle & a quick thrill for the evening. I know it wasn't a real kill, but it's fun as hell to cruise around & flex some muscle in the evenings. God I love this bike...

I was out for a sunset cruise tonight, the roads had just dried up from a day full of rain. I blew past a pack of cars after the 'Max warmed up & I came up to e red light at Belcher & Tampa Road - the heart of Palm Harlem. As I'm sitting there, an old white Lincoln with all the windows down pulls up next to me on the left & I hear the driver yell out, " Hey, wanna race ?" I look over & this guy is grinning from ear to ear & his girlfriend is looking back & forth at us like we're crazy. Without thinking I start to laugh out loud, & this guy is eating it up. " C'mon, lets go !" I nodded OK & he starts power-braking & I start reving. The light turns green & I launch at about 5K & slip the clutch (I've been practicing & getting pretty good) & I just hurl through the intersection & this Lincoln disappears in my rear-view. This stretch of road has cops quite often & the speed limit is 45 so I back off at 75 down to a reasonable speed. The next intersection is Curlew road, about a mile away, & just as I approach it here comes this Lincoln in my left mirror. He must have built up a head of steam & he's doing about 90. I don't have the heart to destroy this good-natured guy so I stay off the throttle & let him roll up to the light first. As I pull up next to him before I turn right, I nod my head in approval & he waves & toots the horn. We both had a chuckle & a quick thrill for the evening. I know it wasn't a real kill, but it's fun as hell to cruise around & flex some muscle in the evenings. God I love this bike...

Cool story Rich!! He knew he didn't stand a chance, all he was really looking for was to see a v max perform, and maybe get a whiff of nitrous!!

You didn't let him down, I hope!! :biglaugh:

danny

DON'T POST STREET NAMES!!! Cops read cycle and car forums too. If a street name starts coming up too often they'll be all over it. Fun kill, probably made his day.

I agree with Danny,:biglaugh:
Alot of people just want to see the bike run like the beast it is and at the same time wishing that they had a max to rip around on and, thats probably why disapeared in your mirror but he had to put in some kind of effort to catch you cause he had his girl with him.:rofl_200::rofl_200:
<<Dave>>:th_favorites24:

I agree with Danny,:biglaugh:
Alot of people just want to see the bike run like the beast it is and at the same time wishing that they had a max to rip around on...

Agree on that. Just the other day when the 5 o'clock whistle blew, I went out to get on the bike and one of my coworkers was waiting there and started to ask me about it. He asked, "is it fast?" I said, "yup, very fast and powerful, more HP than my car...." He then asked me to show him.

I let the bike warm up and promptly went into the parking lot and ripped a moderate burnout. Sometimes putting a smile on someone else's face is just as fun. Seeing the look on my friends' faces as I wheelied off of a green light was well worth it as well.

This bike is the best 1/8th launch bike I have ridden.

Back